Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amber92411
Reel Rookie

Having issue using Airplay with iPhone

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 5115x that is updated to the most recent software version and my iPhone is not picking it up for screen mirroring. I’m afraid perhaps my tv is just too old, but on the off chance it’s not what am I doing wrong that it won’t mirror?

I have it set to prompt, the phone and tv are both in the same network, I have restarted both devices, what else can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Having issue using Airplay with iPhone

Jump to solution

Hi @Amber92411,

We appreciate for keeping us posted in the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing us with your device information and for taking some troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve the issue. We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Please note that to ensure that Airplay is successfully connected to your Roku device, make sure your Roku device has the Airplay option enabled. To check that, go to Settings > Apple Airplay & HomeKit AirPlay. Enable AirPlay if it is turned off. Now, try to connect Airplay to your Roku device.

For more detailed information on how to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Amber92411,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issues you've been having with the screen mirroring feature on your Roku TV, and we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and correction.

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (This can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Are you able to utilize the screen mirroring feature before or not at all?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to take to resolve this?
  • Model and OS version of the Apple/iPhone device you are trying to screen mirror from.

We'll be looking forward to your response, as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amber92411
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is a Roku tv model: 55fs3700

hardware I’d: 5115x

s/n: 2N00GX622783

sogrware version: 12.5.5 build 4174-08

devuce I’d: 4R651G622783

tracker Id: 83-139-180

iphone: 11

ios version: 17.3.1

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Amber92411
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Whoops. Forgot to reply with what u have tried. I have restarted both devices, I’ve checked network connections, I set screen mirroring to never allow and then back to prompt. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Amber92411,

We appreciate for keeping us posted in the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing us with your device information and for taking some troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve the issue. We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Please note that to ensure that Airplay is successfully connected to your Roku device, make sure your Roku device has the Airplay option enabled. To check that, go to Settings > Apple Airplay & HomeKit AirPlay. Enable AirPlay if it is turned off. Now, try to connect Airplay to your Roku device.

For more detailed information on how to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device.

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem.

im trying to watch NASCAR through airplay from my phone, but for some reason, whenever I connect that channel (or other channels) it won’t show the race.

The TV I’m airplaying it to is relatively new (bought in march 2020) so I assumed it should work, but ever since June I’ve had the same problem: it doesn’t connect.

I don’t have peacock either, so that makes this even worse.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @aznascarfan24,

Welcome to the  Community!

We understand that you are having difficulty air-playing your phone on your Roku TV. We'd be more than happy to find you the best course of action regarding your issue.

Before we continue, could you please provide the following details:

In the meantime, we suggest you to try restarting your Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fcmetalc2

Jump to solution

I was able to use apple AirPlay now will not work.  I have tried all solutions I have the Roku express+ model 3931rw 

and issues id e2-392-429

any help would be awesome 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.