Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

I just tested my Ultra 4800, and it works fine. So it appears the Premiere 3920 is the problem. When I get a chance I'll provide a trouble ID for that one. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

Re: HDHomeRUN - No longer able to change channels or use any other app functions.

For my issue with No Audio or Audio control after update to HDHomeRun app version 91.0 build 20240410

Info from my Roku Premier+:

Model:4630X - Roku Premiere+

Serial number: YR006S160704

Software Version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-29

Device ID:  7KA6A6160704

Tracker ID: 04-156-291

0 Kudos
atc98092

Just tested my Premiere again, still no audio

Model 3920

Serial Number YH006M798271

OS version 13.0.0 build is a beta, so will not be included here

GC version is also beta

Time Stamp 2024-05-18T13:17:22Z

ID 71-156-317

Again, my Ultra 4800 does have audio, and it is set to passthrough and connected to an AVR. It is on the same OS beta build. 

Dan

0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

Thanks Dan! I was responding to the earlier post from ERey. Roku Community Moderator asking for my device information and Tracking ID

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@atc98092 @donspopc,

Thanks for sharing additional information about this.

I have made an update to the team along with the details you've provided.

We'll make sure to keep this thread posted once we have an update available.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Woodsman

I'm in the same boat with both streaming stick and hardwired premium. Frozen on one channel with no options or actions thereafter using any buttons on the remote. 

Report ID: 51-157-778

Model: 3810X Streaming Stick +

Software: 12.5.0  Build: 4178-50

GC Version: 11-2-3

Hope for solution soon. I use the newest 4-tuner HDHomeRun and love it. 

0 Kudos
OG_Brian

I was experiencing the same or similar problem as others here.  Starting a week or two ago, app would only play one channel.  Tried today, and app would not find device.

However, the device is showing up/running on my network (using my router web UI),  So I used the HDHomerun web UI and found a message that a firmware update was available.  I was running firmware from 2022, the latest is from 12/23.

Updated firmware, which also resets the device.  Now app works fine.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@OG_Brian wrote:

Updated firmware, which also resets the device.  Now app works fine.

Yeah, I had already checked that. My HDHR Flex 4K is already running firmware from 12/23. Good suggestion though. 

Dan

0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

For my issue with No Audio or Audio control after update to HDHomeRun app version 91.0 build 20240410

Here is my HDHomeRun info:
Hardware Model HDFX-4K
Firmware Version 20231214
ATSC3-DRM SD20230420

Device ID 10A58D6D

0 Kudos
donspopc
Binge Watcher

Is there any way to roll back my Roku to a previous release that worked fine with the HDHomeRun app?

0 Kudos