Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drifty

Guest mode for vacation rental

Another vacation rental owner here to complain about "guest mode".  Why on earth would guest mode sign out of the WiFi network after each guest?  

Are there other options out there that actually work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest mode for vacation rental

Hi @Drifty,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this. And we'd like to understand more about this issue going on.

We would recommend taking a look at the steps provided on our Support page here: How do I set up Guest Mode on my Roku® streaming device?

If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide the steps to reproduce the issue, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Guest mode for vacation rental

Improvements to Guest mode,    To answer all the complaints about this mode here is what ROKU needs to do in guest mode.

1.  You cannot leave Guest mode without a pin.

2. Require PIN to get into Settings or remove the "settings option" entirely in guest mode.    Why would you want the guest to modify network settings, power turn on state, remove apps or inputs (Cable box or HDMI 2) that are already or change other things on the TV.    Currently they can even turn the screen off.

2. Get rid of the checkout date requirement at the start, it is confusing to most people.    Add an option to the menu to checkout and remove all of their added apps (you could also put a date to automatically do this here)     When you check out you go back to the apps that the "OWNER" had originally added.    

There are many tens of thousands of owner operated condotel rooms, Vacation rentals etc that need new large screen TV's.   If ROKU just did this they would own that Market.    I would be happy to freely advise ROKU on this issue as I've developed many consumer and commercial lighting control products.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.