Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User000999

Roku “Linking Error” on Roku 3 after Recovery Mode factory reset

My Roku streaming stick, which just surpassed one year from date of purchase, Stopped working two weeks ago. I see the recovery mode screen (need to reinstall the operating system) and I’m unable to get past it because the remote isn’t working. 

Also, In the last week, my two Roku 3 devices Received the same recovery mode error. I was able to use my remote on those devices, but I had to do a factory reset. I am able to update my wired Internet connection, but once that happens and the software tries to download the update, I receive a “Linking Error.” The linking error reads “There was a problem connecting to the network. (ActionID: 0 err: 0:0) Please try again again. Press the OK button to reconnect.” 

I can’t get past the screen and feel very confident that this is not an Internet connection problem. (when my first Roku three stopped working In the living room, I moved the one from the bedroom to the living room and it worked fine for a few days before it went into recovery mode).

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.