Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Update on TCL TV says incorrect manufacturer

Hi, I'm trying to do a TCL TV update over USB drive. I go to the tvupdate.roku.com site and enter my model and SN codes and it then confirms my TV size/brand/type and it looks good. I then download the update file and copy the update.roku file to a USB drive. I then plug it into the TV and it says the update file is for a different manufacturer. Any idea how else I can get the right update. 

By the way, I'm pretty sure I have a backlight issue as I can get the screen to turn on for a second then it goes right off. I can see images with the flashlight. Anyway, I was going to try to do a USB update as a last resort. When I do the reset button to go into recovery mode I can get the screen to flash on quickly with the remote power button so I've been able to at least read the screen to get that far. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.