Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest Mode Not Working, help

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @UpsetGuestMode.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you with the Guest Mode feature. That's not what we aim for.

What is the OS version of your Roku devices experiencing this kind of issue? (You can find this information at Settings > System > About.)

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  • I am unable to check at present. They are all on the latest FW, whatever that may be.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, @UpsetGuestMode.

Please note that we'll need to see the OS version of your Roku devices affected by this issue. The appropriate Roku team can only investigate the issue further with more information.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
18Bunker

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue on 2 devices (roku tv and 4k roku stick) on v13.1.4.

I notice that every time someone is logged out of guest mode the TV starts up with "Installing Final Updates". This eventually fails and gives the option to reconnect to network. This is very challenging for guests.

0 Kudos
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Version: 13.1.4 build 1510-CR

I have been able to check above unit.

More info: The lockup can be only after TV is turned off for a while then back on, so it can happen literally minutes after Welcome screen has been reactivated.

My guests are pretty moanie.

I must say Roku firmware releases have been awful, with some new weird nuance happening each firmware release. This particular issue is a show stopper. If things like this continue I will be moving to another platform x5. I'm sorry it's purely business I hope you can understand.

Please pass on to relevant department, including comments.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble with the Guest Mode feature on your Roku device, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. Also, thanks for the steps you took to fix the problem.

Please note that we have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
awhitlock

Jump to solution

Team, I am experiencing the exact same situation and have:

Team I am experiencing the exact same situation and have a 55” TCL TV

Software Version 13.1.4

Build 1510

Help, similar to the originator of this thread I operate a couple of airbnb short term rental properties and this is providing a terrible experience. Please resolve and escalate.  

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @awhitlock,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the Guest Mode feature on your Roku device. We acknowledge the information you provided and will update our appropriate Roku team.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. This thread will update you with further developments about our investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi there.

I created a youtube video documenting the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTkWQs8OshA 

E06015
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same for me! I have 2 airbnbs with a total of 8 roku express and ALL are doing the same for me! Horrible experience during the prime summer bookings!  Fix right away or roll back to previous firmware

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.