Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spb
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ will not go to Home screen after initial boot, turns off

My Roku Express 4K+ has recently stopped working, the TV has a No Signal message.  To troubleshoot, I tried a different HDMI cable, changed HDMI inputs, and tried using different TVs.  When I plug back into power, the "ROKU" letters bounce around about 30 times, then I get the "No Signal" message again.  The blue light remains on.  Pressing Home on the remote does nothing.  I even changed the batteries on the remote.  I am wondering if the recent updates froze my Roku, as I have only had this unit for about 6 months, and I rarely use it.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4K+ will not go to Home screen after initial boot, turns off

Hi @spb,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've tried and for sharing with us. We'll have this case forwarded to our Support team, but we'll need your help first by providing us with the device serial number that has an issue. The serial number can usually be found at the back of the device.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spb
Reel Rookie

The serial number is SOHAK2C7N9KG.  I tried a hard reset as a last resort, but this did not help.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @spb,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on your Roku Express 4K+. How are you powering your Roku Express 4K+? We highly suggest that you plug the USB cord into an adapter and plug your adapter directly into the wall outlet for it to get enough power and for you to get past the "ROKU" bouncing letters. If the issue persists, please use a different USB cord (not the HDMI) and a different adapter.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
spb
Reel Rookie

The cord and adapter was previously plugged into a surge protector.  I plugged it directly into the wall outlet, same result.  I then tried two different usb cords and adapters, plugged directly into the wall outlet, with the same result, letters bouncing, then No Signal.  One of the usb cords with adapter is from another Roku streamer that does work.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @spb

Kindly be informed that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They'll reach out through email, and we recommend keeping an eye on it. 

For the time being, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Mine connects but after the startup bouncing ROKU sounds, Ive lost the clicking sounds when I choose/change  an app. Any help? It did work once after being silent for a week, then went silent again. I re chose sounds selection, still silent.

martie328

Mine is doing exactly the same thing!  Hasn't worked for well over 24 hrs now.. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @scott205 @martie328,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem about losing the clicking sound on your Roku device. Please try restarting your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). After doing so, please ensure that you adjust your volume so it's loud enough to hear. Then, go to Settings > Audio > Menu Volume > and select High.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

My 'sounds' feature stopped working. Did reboots and resets. The ROKU bounce sound can be heard but my selected 'sounds' stopped. How do I fix it? I've changed sound selections, worked once then quiet. Fun feature that won't work anymore correctly.

0 Kudos