Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaronwea

Continue watching on the Home Screen has to go

The Home Screen continue watching is aweful my wife and I don’t want what we watch in our bedroom being up on our kids playroom tv where they can click and watch with out having to go into it that has to go 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Continue watching on the Home Screen has to go

Hi @Aaronwea,

Thanks, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with this particular Roku feature; however, please be advised that the "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible. Please be advised that some publishers control what constitutes content completion (for example, end credits are shown). Once the arrangement has been completed, the channel makes a delete request to remove the content from the Continue Watching row. Rest assured, we take your feedback seriously and will see to it that this is reviewed further.

Furthermore, we can suggest that you try unsyncing all your Roku devices by using different email addresses. In that way, contents and activities would be different for each of your devices.

For further clarification or inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AndrewTOne

Maybe before making a change like this, Roku should add user profiles to the devices like Apple TVs, Firesticks, and Google TVs… 

Conap0
Channel Surfer

This is such a BS answer. It’s only part of the operating system because you added it. It isn’t even implemented on all devices yet, you could roll it back tomorrow if you wanted but you want this to get peoples data. Remove the stupid continue watching section. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Conap0

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. This feature can be managed by pressing the star (*) button on your remote to remove the individual movies or shows displayed in the "Continue Watching" section. In addition to this, we want to inform you that this feature is now under development as an option to be hidden or removed under Settings, which will be available in the latest update to be released.

We hope for your understanding and patience.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Conap0
Channel Surfer

Removing them individually is the most tone deaf solution to this problem. What about if my 6yo child decides to pick up the remote and turn on the tv and a show for mature audiences is at the top of the screen? What does that do to solve the problem? I don’t care what you have in development. The idea this nonsense was pushed out without the ability to turn it off is absurd in the extreme, it demonstrates a no-understanding of your customers or how they use your product. I haven’t had this feature and y last update was months ago, which means you can turn it off and you’re just refusing to. I want it turned off. Not the promise and lip service that you’ll look into it for future releases. 

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

They are supposed to be releasing an update to disable it. They did not say when. The information from Roku is in the message chain below. They do not really say much.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/How-to-remove-delete-continue-watching-from-...