Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Kanopy 10.5 firmware closed captions bug

That's correct, but they can't pull that log without knowing the tracker ID number. They can't just reach out to your device and search for it. I'm pretty sure that activating the tracker ID pushes the log to one of their servers, and the ID number allows them to find it. This isn't one of the secret menu screen functions. It's a tool they have built into the operating system to generate this particular log. 

I just tried it on my 4800 and it worked as expected. It pops a message box on the screen with the model name and number, serial number, software version and build, time stamp, and the tracker ID. Pressed the Home button five times, then the Back button (the big button on the top left of the remote) five times. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Danny, another member said the tracking process should have a screen with the information. I had tried it while in the Kanopy channel without success but I just did it from the home page and got this under the Issue Report Tracker. : ID. RJ-520-002

The rest of the data I provided is correct. Please let me know if or how this gets fixed. Thanks 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Thanks.. Got it to work from the home page instead of the Kanopy channel. Appreciate the tip! 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Danny

Happy New Year and wishing you Happiness, Joy, Good Health and fun! That said, since I never rec'd a response after providing the info in two separate messages, how will I know if anything has been fixed? I have a dialog with Kanopy support, but I've yet to hear about a solution.  Thanks so much.

Jonatha

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
0 Kudos
tldevaney

Re: Closed Caption bug with 10.5, build 4208 on the Kanopy channel

Hello. I am experiencing the exact same issue with Kanopy but can't even find the captioning options in the app. I trust from your post that does not fix it. It's not just your particular system/setup, however. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Caption bug with 10.5, build 4208 on the Kanopy channel

Hi @tldevaney

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos