Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aprilrenee

Re: Roku channel numbers disappeared again

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!!!! Everyone needs to see this post! 

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: missing channel numbers recently

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We look forward to your thoughts and experiences with the new Live TV Guide. Your feedback helps us with our continuous improvement.

If you're inquiring about the channel number setting in the Live TV Guide, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the Channel logos in your Live TV guide.
  2. Press the * button to open the Channel Options menu.
  3. Select the "Sort channel list" setting.
  4. Choose between "As recommended by Roku" and "By Channel Number".
  5. Select your preferred option to apply the changes.

By default, this setting is "As recommended by Roku," which removes channel numbers from the Guide display. If you prefer a sequential order that displays channel numbers, select "By Channel Number".

We hope you find this information helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Mimik
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OMG! I'm going to write this on a post it and stick to the back of my tv. I know it will happen again. It seems like these are the types who cannot resist "stepping in it" again and again. Thanks soooooo much xxxoo

0 Kudos
elayne1126
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I haven't seen any fix yet. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time getting rid of channels I do not want. Then out of the clear blue, I got where everything I was doing was being announced. Had to call the clowns at roku how to stop it. FINALLY some one corrected that problem. Other than that, roku is a joke.

0 Kudos
elayne1126
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, that would be nice, but roku doesn't have a clue.

0 Kudos
trech

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!!! Have the numbers back and was dead simple. I was thinking I would have to wait until it was fixed on the server side, but that fixed the problem. Thanks again

0 Kudos
HissyFitz
Reel Rookie

Found how to get back the missing channel numbers on Roku live TV guide

Jump to solution

I found out that when you're on the Roku channels tv guide; go to the left to highlight (any) station; press the asterisk symbol  * on the remote; go to 'sort channel list'; then click on sort 'by channel number'. The channel numbers showed back up again! This worked on two of our Roku tv's anyway, haven't checked the other, lol. Hope Roku doesn't keep changing things!

Mariv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you Mary. This works. 

0 Kudos
RobynV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding! The selections you described worked perfectly. I do wonder, however, if Roku really thinks people prefer no channel numbers considering how people have reacted without the numbers! Just a thought... Have a great day!

0 Kudos
jwalther1
Reel Rookie

Channel Numbers Gone in Live Streaming Television

Jump to solution

If this is intentional and permanent, it's amongst the stupidest user interface choices that have been made in the last two years and that's saying something.   It's right up there with the brief period during which the HUD covered 2/3 of the screen with a purple haze above the information in the bottom third.    Or reordering the picture setting menus so that settings are split amongst three differently accessed menus in no logical fashion.

But this is easy to fix.   Just bring back channel numbers.   It's not hard and slap whoever thought getting rid of them was a good idea.

I would use "Episode Guide" or "Streaming Channels" or "Grand Central" if any of those were available labels.

Also, not a Roku Employee.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.