Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pest8888
Reel Rookie

Can I pair remote from one Roku w/ another?

Jump to solution

Can I pair the Roku remote that came with the Roku streaming stick 4k with my Roku Ultra HD 4k unit? The remote that came with the streaming stick has mute feature with the other does not. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I pair remote from one Roku w/ another?

Jump to solution

@Pest8888 wrote:

Thank you. For clarification, is your suggestion that I connect the Roku ultra to my television and utilize the remote that came with the streaming stick? 

If that is the case, does your response indicate that the mute feature on the streaming stick remote will not be active as mute was not a feature of the remote that came with the ultra?

Honestly, I would leave the Stick remote alone. Since the Stick will only work with a WiFi Direct remote, you have no other option to control the Stick if you don't have the remote to use. Yes, I believe you can pair the Stick remote to the Ultra, and all the buttons will be functional (including the mute button) but again I think the remote will then no longer work with the Stick.

If you are simply looking to have the volume and mute buttons on the remote you use with the Ultra, you can purchase a standard Voice Remote for $20 from Roku, Best Buy, or most any other store that sells Roku devices. The only thing the standard Voice Remote doesn't have is a headphone jack. For that, you need the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro for $30.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092

Jump to solution

I believe it is possible, but remember that if you pair it to another player it might not work on the Stick anymore. I believe that a Roku can have more than one remote paired with it, but I also believe that the Roku remote can only be paired to a single device. There's no such restrictions with the basic IR remote, but that remote won't work on your Stick (no IR support on any Stick model) and wouldn't have the mute button either. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Pest8888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. For clarification, is your suggestion that I connect the Roku ultra to my television and utilize the remote that came with the streaming stick? 

If that is the case, does your response indicate that the mute feature on the streaming stick remote will not be active as mute was not a feature of the remote that came with the ultra?

If that is the case, if that is the case

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Pest8888 wrote:

Honestly, I would leave the Stick remote alone. Since the Stick will only work with a WiFi Direct remote, you have no other option to control the Stick if you don't have the remote to use. Yes, I believe you can pair the Stick remote to the Ultra, and all the buttons will be functional (including the mute button) but again I think the remote will then no longer work with the Stick.

If you are simply looking to have the volume and mute buttons on the remote you use with the Ultra, you can purchase a standard Voice Remote for $20 from Roku, Best Buy, or most any other store that sells Roku devices. The only thing the standard Voice Remote doesn't have is a headphone jack. For that, you need the rechargeable Voice Remote Pro for $30.

Dan

Pest8888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.