Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tantor

Bluetooth won't allow mute when using hearing aids anymore.

After a recent update neither of my Roku ultras will allow me to mute the volume while listening on my hearing aids while connected via bluetooth. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bluetooth won't allow mute when using hearing aids anymore.

Hi @Tantor,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We noticed in your post that after the recent update, your Roku Ultras could not mute the volume while using the hearing aid, which is connected via Bluetooth. No worries, we'd be glad to assist you with this issue.

We suggest you try this troubleshooting steps:

If possible, try disconnecting your hearing aid from your Roku Ultra and checking if you can mute it without the hearing aid connected. If the issue persists even without the hearing aid connected, please proceed with the next step.

System restart your Roku Ultra

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

We would also like to know the software version of your Roku Ultra. To locate it, follow these steps: Settings > System > About.

We hope these troubleshooting steps work. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.