Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowleydd
Reel Rookie

Bluetooth Headphones not auto connecting with Roku

Jump to solution

I have a new Roku Ultra LT from Walmart. It has the latest 11.5 version Update to allow use of bluetooth headphones. It works great when connected, however it will not automatically connect the next time i turn on the headphones. I have to go into settings and manually connect everytime.

When i use them with a firestick tv they automatically connect without fail. 

Has anyone else had this issue and were you able to resolve? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bluetooth Headphones not auto connecting with Roku

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks the posts regarding using Bluetooth headphones and it not auto connecting to your Roku device. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we investigated this issue. We believe we have found the cause of the issue and expect this to be resolved in a future update.

Should you experience another issue in the future that we can assist with, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's possible they are connecting to the Fire TV instead of the Roku when you turn them on. I have no idea if your headphones have a way to prioritize which device will connect first. My car is supposed to connect to my phone before my wife's, but it doesn't always happen that way. But if there's a way to do it, it would be in the headphones, not the Roku or Fire TV.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mershon76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here. No other connection is occurring with my headphones. Manual connect works fine. 

0 Kudos
rowleydd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I use the same headphones with another tv that uses a firestick they connect automatically every time so it has to be the Roku. Hope they come out with a software update to correct the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mershon76 @rowleydd

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mershon76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just a note, the Roku indicates the headphones ARE connecting and disconnecting when powered on / off when in Auto-Mode. No sound is present however. Manually connecting works just fine. 

Model 4802X - Roku Ultra

Serial number X0110005ENGMM

Software version 11.5.0 - build 4312-C2

Device ID SODA229EN6MM

Tracker ID MM-033-023

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mershon76

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

In the meantime, can you provide the brand and type of Bluetooth headphones you are using?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mershon76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bose QuietComfort 35 II

0 Kudos
Lorriev
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I, too, am having to manually connect my bluetooth audio device every time I turn on the Roku.

Prior to the 12/12/22 software update, my earbuds automatically connected to the Roku every time. There have been no hardware changes during the intervening time (same tv, same earbuds, same Roku).

Roku Info:

Model 4802-Ultra, S/N X01000CK6YJV, Device ID S0DA225K6YJV, Software Version 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

Bluetooth Earbuds Info:

Brand: Occiam, Model: T17

Tracker ID:

JV-034-337

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lorriev

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos