Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Re: Aquatic Life Removed (again)?

Jump to solution
Roku Danny.

Why remove it selectively from some devices and not others. Doesn’t make sense. I have a Roku Ultra 4600X which if I am not mistaken is one of the more robust streaming devices Roku offers. I think it can handle the Roku, particularly since it has done so for many years.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@FINZ2RIGHT 4600 isn't an accurate model number. The first Ultra was the 4640, then there was the 4660 and 4670. The current Ultra is the 4800 series. 

I just checked my Ultra 4640, and the Aquatic Life screensaver is still available. It's really immaterial if it's available as a channel or only as a screensaver, as you can trigger it manually either way. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Typo:

Model 4660X

S/N YJ0085328997

Software Version 11.5.0 build 4312-46

Device ID CK3928328997

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Roku Danny.

Why remove it selectively from some devices and not others. Doesn’t make sense. I have a Roku Ultra 4660X which if I am not mistaken is one of the more robust streaming devices Roku offers. I think it can handle the Roku, particularly since it has done so for many years.

Model 4660X

S/N YJ0085328997

Device ID CK3928328997

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@FINZ2RIGHT 

Thanks for the follow up.

For clarification, on certain devices the Aquatic Life channel tile on the Home screen has been removed, but is still available through Settings > Theme > Screensavers.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mestubby
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I read the posts. I don’t have a tile anymore. I set aquatic life as my screensaver but when I try to trigger it manually with preview current screensaver it crashes my Roku and it reboots. I’m on the third try so it’s repeatable. Sigh

i love aquatic life. Please fix it so that I have a tile again!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mestubby what is the model number of your Roku device?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Model 4660X

S/N YJ0085328997

Device ID CK3928328997

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You answer below does not answer the question in my post. Why would Roku remove a previously available channel tile on certain devices and not on others? That makes no sense. I have a pretty up to date device 4660x S/N YJ0085328997 Software Version 11.5.0 build 4312-46 Device ID CK3928328997 and the channel tile was installed years ago and suddenly vanished.

Please answer the question I asked instead of the last response I received below which is readily apparent when I use my device.

“Thanks for the follow up.

For clarification, on certain devices the Aquatic Life channel tile on the Home screen has been removed, but is still available through Settings > Theme > Screensavers.”

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I've had the Aquatic Life screensaver ever since I got my Roku Streaming Stick 4K back in December, it was in the list of my screensavers to choose from. Yesterday when my screensaver came on it was the City Stroll one.

I went to my settings and Aquatic Life was gone from the selection list. However if I scroll down further there is an option to install Aquatic Life as a channel on the home screen, this makes no sense! I do not want this as a channel button on my home screen I want it back in the list of screensavers so it just comes on and I don't have to install it as a channel.

I have two Roku Ultras the 2017 models and both of them still have Aquatic life as normal in my screensaver list WITHOUT having to install it separately as a channel on the home screen.

What is Roku doing? This makes absolutely NO SENSE at all! Fix it now!!!

0 Kudos