Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Re: Aquatic Life Removed (again)?

Jump to solution

I did not remove mine. It disappeared entirely on its own. I assume Roku discontinued it or something has caused a glitch that made it disappear from my installed channels. When I discovered the disappearance last week or so, I tried to find it in the Roku store and it was no longer visible or available to install from the store. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Understood.

Kind of a workaround for now, but are you able to select it as a Screensaver under Settings/Theme/Screensavers?

If so, you can set the Screensaver Start Time to 1 minute (for testing) and then should display on your Ultra.

I know not ideal and certainly not a solution, but will at least see if still available to you.

-----

If available to you as a Screensaver, it may indicate that is has been removed as a standalone channel/app once again.  However, still does not explain why it is not coming up in the Search results on the Ultra devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding Aquatic Life no longer visible on the Home screen on Roku Ultra (4660) devices.

For clarification, can you please confirm that this screensaver/channel was originally on the Home screen as a tile and is now removed/missing? In addition, can you please check the screensaver settings to see if you are still able to access or see this screensaver and if it is currently working on your Roku device when the screensaver should be appearing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Confirming that Aquatic Life WAS (and no longer is) an installed channel on my Roku Ultra 4660X. I did NOT remove it  

Also confirming the Aquatic Life screensaver IS, I repeat IS, installed and working on the same device.

The channel disappeared, but the screensaver did not disappear. 

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello RokuDanny.

Yes, the Aquatic Life CHANNEL was originally on the Home Screen (as a tile) of my 4660 Ultra (and still appears there on my ROKU 4 and ROKU TV).  

It also still appears as 'installed' when I log into my ROKU account and search for Aquatic Life among the channels.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I noticed it missing when I turned on my Ultra last Wednesday, February 8th.

Also, it does not appear as a choice among the screensavers for my Ultra..

My 4660 Ultra is running OS 11.5.0 build 4312-46.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Also confirming it is NOT appearing in the Roku store as a channel nor is appearing as a screensaver. The channel store does NOT give you the option to install the channel and does not give you the option to install the screensaver. I already had the screensaver installed on my device and the screensaver has NOT disappeared and the screensaver IS working as expected. Only the channel disappearance is a problem on my device. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

On my various devices...

Roku Ultra 4660x - Aquatic Life v.13.0.90000013 - available as screensaver, no seperate channel/app ever seen on home screen for me.

Insignia RokuTV - Aquatic Life v.3.0 build 9000013 - available both as screensaver and channel/app.

Roku Express 4k+ - Aquatic Life v.3.0 build 9000013 - available both as screensaver and channel/app.

Roku Premiere 3920 - Aquatic Life v.3.0 build 9000013 - available both as screensaver and channel/app.

----

I believe I was mistaken about being able to search on the Ultra for Aquatic Life.  Looks like the previous thread posted in the Community before has it correct.  Aquatic Life v13 is screensaver only. (also won't yield Search). Aquatic Life v3 is both screensaver and channel/app.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Way-to-go-Roku-Eliminate-Aquatic-Life-icon/m-p/821455

[The above is what I am seeing on my devices and Ultra 4660x OS 11.5 build 4312-46]

I certainly won't argue if others have seen a seperate channel/app on their 4660 devices, but was never present for me as a standalone channel/app on mine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello RokuMary-F,

I sent a PM to you with the information you've requested.

Regards,

Bill

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

Please be aware that on certain devices, the Aquatic Life channel tile on the Home screen has been removed, but is still available through Settings > Theme > Screensavers.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos