Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp144
Streaming Star

An Option to Hide a Specific Show from Ever Showing up on Recommended Lists the Roku Channel App

I would like an option to press the star button and hide specific shows from ever showing up in my Recommended Lists on the Roku Channel App.

For example, on the “Featured on Paramount+” list there is a thumbnail of a show that I find particularly revolting, and don’t want my kids seeing it when we browse for a new show to watch.

I would like to exercise my right to protect my children, by hiding the thumbnail altogether. In fact, not only from my kids… I personally don’t want to see the thumbnail for the show. It’s disgusting. 

Another option would be an option to hide ALL tv-MA material. That would fix the majority of issues for us. But I would settle for hiding shows one at a time. BTW Prime TV allows us to hide particular shows if you want an example of how to do it.

Roku, please give us more power to protect our families.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jp144
Streaming Star

Re: An Option to Hide a Specific Show from Ever Showing up on Recommended Lists the Roku Channel App

PS. Here’s a perfect example… from the Featured on MGM+ list…

I don’t want my kids seeing a thumbnail for “HOTEL COCAINE”!  I don’t want to see it! For crying out loud, there’s enough drug problems in public schools as it is, without some creepy thumbnail pushing that thought at them when we’re simply browsing for something to watch.

IMG_1732.jpeg

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.