Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoLiKMC
Binge Watcher

Re: [13.0] AirPlay/Screen Mirror not working

Yep.  This is still happening.

It seemed fine for a couple days, but now, it seems like it's doing it at least once a day, again.  What the heck is going on?  The only thing I haven't tried, because I really don't want to, is a complete and total factory reset.  I'd rather do what I can to help get this resolved instead of "giving up". (I even updated my original post with more information.)

Frustrating...

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @JoLiKMC.

We understand your frustration, and we are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. The team is working hard to investigate the issue, and we still haven't received any feedback.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread with further developments regarding the investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nima_ghiassi
Reel Rookie

Hello Friends,

Finally my problem is solved.

my device (TCL-55s421-ca) is updated to recent update(13.1.4 build 1510-93)

and TADA….. problem gone.

Thank you Roku team for the new update.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nima_ghiassi,

Thanks for letting us know about this!

We couldn't be happier to assist you, and we thank you for this fantastic opportunity. We are more than glad that the issue was resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mas4
Reel Rookie

Same here. 
same software version 13.0.0 

Issue report tracker

Model: G204X - Roku TV

Serial number: X01900KACGED (S08C326ACGED)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24062-CH

GC version: 11.10.22

Timestamp: 2024-07-27T01:50:02Z

Please use issue ID ED-299-630 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mas4

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing all the information we requested, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Please note that we have passed your details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
mas4
Reel Rookie

Hi! Thank YOU so much. I’m so happy to have found this community forum. 

DukesGhost

Re: [13.0] Airplay and screen mirror not working

Airplay works sometimes but usually shows the words airplay like it is about to start screen mirroring on the Roku TV and then reverts to Roku main menu. This happens when we use iPhones, iPads (mine is iPad 10.2-inch, 64GB, Wi-Fi (9th Generation) and MacBook Air (2021 running Mac OS Sonoma Version 14.6.1) and Macbook Pro (also running with updated OS). I have reset the eero and Spectrum router, run speed tests and reset all devices. All devices are connected to same network. Everything used to work. I have 2 additional Roku TV’s (Philips 65" Class - 7900 Series - 4K UHD QLED LCD TV and TCL 55" Class 5-Series 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 55S531), These started having the same issues around the same time.

Also, Airplay 2 works for a minute and then disconnects from the Roku TVs and not from my other devices - I have an Apple Home Mini and external speaker wired to Belkin Soundform connect- and these both connect to airplay2 together no problem.

I bought three Roku’s specifically to use Airplay 2 for music and to easily screen mirror devices and around May 2024 started having all kinds of difficulties with all 3 TVs. I see I am not alone please fix with an update.

Hardware Specifications

• Roku Device Model: Hisense 6 series-43
  • Roku Serial Number: X01900TKTLLH
  • Roku Device ID: S08JG3CKTLLH
  • Roku Software Version: 14.1.4 (Build 1512)
  • Problem "Channel": Not applicable (AirPlay and HomeKit isn't a channel)
  • Tracker ID: Inaccessible (See above.)

• Apple Device: iPhone 14 pro
  • Apple Device Software: iOS 16.6.1 (21G93)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.