Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollowch
Reel Rookie

volume control ramps up and down

Jump to solution

my remote volume runs up and down on its' own.  this is the second remote to do this.  It's incredible annoying!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: volume control ramps up and down

Jump to solution

Hi @hollowch,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku by going to settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hollowch,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku by going to settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
hollowch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! that worked and so far so good.  Guessing if I had know this I wouldn't have had to purchase a new remote.  I appreciate you support and love my Roku.

0 Kudos
MarkD1015
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This does not work. I have a Sony Bravia TV. If I push mute a light on my TV flickers up to 20 seconds before the TV mutes. If I use my TV remote the TV mutes immediately. If I use my arrow buttons to scroll through channels the it will keep going. Lets say there are four channels named 1 - 4. I am on channel 1 and use the arrow to scroll to channel number 2 it will go to channel 3 and scroll over channel 2. I try to turn the volume up or down and when I push the button the volume will will just keep going up or down until you push the opposite button. By this time the volume is either blaring or muted. I think the issue may be the code that the ROKU remote uses. Is there a way to try different codes? I have a ROKU Ultra 4K with voice remote. I have two TV's. A Sony Bravia and an LG Plasma TV. This issue occurs on both of them.

0 Kudos
Sk1ll
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried the System Restart multiple times on 2 Roku Voice remotes. System Restart does not solve this problem. 

A few weeks ago this problem started on two separate Roku boxes/remotes. Press the volume to increase 1 level and it takes off increasing the volume until the volume button is pressed again. Same with lowering the volume. 

How can I fix this glitch?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Sk1ll

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to know more about this issue so we can proceed with the necessary actions to take to address this, Could you please provide the following details below:

• What specific device you are having issues with?
  • is this happening with a specific channel? If so, what channel is it?
  • What steps have you taken such as a system restart, unplug/re-plug the device from the power source have you performed as an attempt to resolve the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sk1ll
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Two Ultra LT devices are presenting the problems.

I have performed several system restarts on each device.

Volume controls ramp up on every channel. I don't notice a specific channel for volume issues.

Device jumps stations / selections when a single short press is made. A press that, in the past, would change selections by one, now often results in changes of 2-3 selections. This is most noticeable on YoutubeTV

Before you ask, the buttons are not sticking. The remote is not dirty. 

Hoping for a solution.

Dan

0 Kudos