Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

My streambar started having audio/bass distortion and crackling problem. I have tried everything from unplugging to resetting including changing the settings, unpairing and pairing, but nothing works. 
model: 9102R
SN: YL00H8454343

36 REPLIES 36
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

Hi @marcelomeza,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku streambar, kindly send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

We'll wait for your response.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
innagadadavida
Channel Surfer

Hello. Not for nothing, but I've been experiencing the same crackling/popping and snapping, on my 50" TCL Roku TV, through my rear speakers. Started like abt 2 weeks ago, straight after their last update, I believe. Well, I've been going through all the comments & posts related to the same problem. Some have just one Roku speaker like the rear back or just the soundbar speakers with the issue, and I sh*t you not, last night I went to "Audio" in settings on the TV, to "Digital Output Format" and chose option, "Passthrough". The other options were, Auto/Stereo/Custom. Backing up to "Audio Output" I checked the eARC (Roku Soundbar), because I have 4 bookcase Roku speakers and the Subwoofer, because I believe the Subwoofer requires the Soundbar Pro if I want the subwoofer, for set up. Then I went to the "Preferred Streaming Format" and checked the "Auto" option. Low and behold, haven't heard any of the popping/crackling/snapping ever since this morning, like 18 hours ago, since I've changed the settings. I'll let you know if anything changes, but for now, unless you hear back from me, that's the solution to the popping sound. I hope it's your solution too. Let me know if it does fix your problem, if you can, please?

0 Kudos
innagadadavida
Channel Surfer

Just a heads up, I wanted to test the solution, so I went back to "Audio" in settings on the TV, then went to "Digital Output Format" and checked, "Custom" and checked "Digital Dolby Plus" with the same settings in my last reply, and again, immediately, the popping/snapping started up. I went back and checked off "Passthrough" and again, the problem has disappeared. I sure do hope this is the fix for now, where I believe the problem existed right after the last update, almost 2-2.5 weeks ago. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @innagadadavida 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding the issue you've encountered with the Roku Stream Bar.

We'd like to gather this information for us to take a closer observation at the issue: Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Additionally, when did you first notice this issue occur? Is this the first time that happened to your Roku Stream Bar, and does this happen to any particular channel you stream? Further, did you notice this issue after the latest Roku update?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
innagadadavida
Channel Surfer

Hello. My Roku soundbar's information is,

MODEL: 9101X-Roku Smart Soundbar

SERIAL#: YL00A4698415

Software Version: 12.5.0 / build 4178-95

DEVICE ID: R6511A698415

I noticed the problem starting after the last update, 2 weeks ago. I don't believe there's been an update since except for the "Sling" app. If I stream through the TV's format, I get the popping/crackling as well as through the soundbar's format. It doesn't matter what app I stream through, doesn't matter if the bass is set at 10 or not & same for the surround sound option being at 10 or 5 or 0.

My TV's Info,

TCL Model: 50S535

Hardware ID: A118X

SERIAL#: X0030047GWAD

SOFTWARE VERSION: 12.5.0 / build 4176-88

DEVICE ID: S05MY0C7GWAD

If you need more info, I'll check back here on Wednesday. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JRobinson
Binge Watcher

My Roku stream bar spreakers blew in February of 2022, Roku replaced it. The speakers of the replacement they sent just went out again. Is anyone else having issues with stream bar speakers blowing out all the time?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @innagadadavida and @JRobinson,

It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Disregard the post if the following information has already been provided. Once more information has been gathered, we can pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
JRobinson
Binge Watcher

Roku streambar

Serial number: YL0055180242

Device ID: 2A11A5180242

Software version: 12.5.0

Issue ID: 42-462-154

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the quick follow-up, @JRobinson.

No worries; we have already collected and forwarded this to the appropriate Roku team for further review and investigation. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as our appropriate team diligently works to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need assistance with anything Roku-related.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.