Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

Roku support team will not even acknowledge a problem with software. The only place I have heard they are working on it is on this forum.  I keep getting emails from Roku support that it's a hardware problem from the Manufacturers.  Don't believe a thing they say since it's across many brands. Why did it all start after an update?  Roku support sucks. Never by a Roku TV again. They have no idea what they are doing when it pertains to TV's.  TV manufacturers should be pushing them or drop the Roku TV concept.  Just stick with a Roku Box Roku! I don't even want to hear from support anymore since they spew the same BS every reply.

0 Kudos
HiSenseTV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's not exactly fair. There are a lot of different threads. Danny, a Roku employee, has been collecting info from many posters, and he has indicated that Roku is working on the problem. I, too, am not thrilled with the support I've gotten from Roku. They told me they thought they fixed it and all I needed to do was unplug/plug - complete BS. But let's give Danny a little credit. Maybe he just hasn't had time to look at this thread.

0 Kudos
dharma_bum

Re: TCL 55S423 Having Same IssueRe: Onn won't find OTA channels

Jump to solution

TCL 43S425

X000000RA5CS

S038T01RA5CS

9.4.0 build 4190-93

CS-479-313

0 Kudos
dharma_bum

Jump to solution

sorry, this was meant for Danny’s thread

0 Kudos
bill66912
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL TV 43S421 losing OTA Channels

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the information link, CanoeBeyond!  Pity that a software update caused so many troubles, but hopefully they can also be remedied with another update 🙏🏻 

0 Kudos
ht20009

Jump to solution

I think people are being a bit unfair on Roku support, they are not denying that the issue is happening - when I emailed a girl called Lisa said that they are aware that it was caused by the latest 9.4 OS update:

"We are aware of the issues regarding finding OTA channels after the latest OS 9.4 update on Roku TV's. Our teams are currently investigating this issue and once more information is available we will update you."

graybilldustin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah if you read the thread, that's actually 100% not true. SOME support agents are owning up to it, but the vast majority are blaming the TV hardware and just brushing customers off, telling them to contact the TV manufacturer. 

0 Kudos
ht20009

Jump to solution

Nonetheless, they are still admitting it is a known fault and that they are working on it. I just thought I'd try to be helpful and share my support experience. 

bill66912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCL TV Model 43S421

Roku TV C122X

Serial X00000JUUV5H

Device ID S03AT08UUV5H

Software version 9.4.0

Build 4190-93

Tracker ID 5H-479-657

Thank you,

Bill Schmidt

0 Kudos
lynda2006
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes.  I had the same problem and was enabled to get OTA channels.  I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and then it worked.  Only to find that it was not working a day later. I ran across the post that advise the problem was the USB flash drive. I removed the USB flash drive and it immediately started playing the OTA channels.  It worked for nearly a week and is now not getting any OTA channels again.  I ran across the post that advised to reset the TV by inserting and holding a pin in the reset hole near the USB / cable connections.  It turned off and turned back on as stated. When it turned back on, it showed a screen that said go to TV update.roku.com, insert a flash drive in a computer and copy the update file.  I followed all the instructions and the TV then showed a screen that stated it was updating.  I rescanned for channels and now show 39 channels available and the channels are working.

Exactly why do we not get notified of these updates and the procedures for resetting??  This is  appalling customer service.  What changes were made with this update?  What happens if someone does not have a computer or flash drive? Another example of big corporations who think they own YOUR property with absolute disregard for the customer.

0 Kudos