Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bill66912
Channel Surfer

TCL TV 43S421 losing OTA Channels

Jump to solution

Hello -

I have a new 43" TCL TV that is losing its over the air channels.

I have had the set for less than a month.  The software version is at 9.4.0, build 4190-93

I have favorite channels disabled.  I'm not using a USB drive for pausing live TV.  This problem is happening ONLY with the over the air channels; all streaming channels remain unaffected.  Antenna connection is tight.

The only process that recovers the channels for me is to:

1. Power off the TV
  2. Remove the TV's power connector
  3. Press and hold the reset button behind the TV activity light for 20 seconds
  4. Plug power cord back in
  5. Perform a complete rescan, including for cable channels; even though I don't use cable.

TCL had me perform a complete reset on the TV, to no avail.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions,

- Bill Schmidt

0 Kudos
JimBob
Binge Watcher

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

Tonight mine changed. Now I get all my channels, but I can't see what shows are on or are next. I can still watch tv, but this is bull **bleep**

0 Kudos
Shakirra
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally found a thread that correctly describes the issue I've been having. I've been posting and looking through community support for about a week now because my OTA channels are gone. They don't seem to be doing anything about it. What type of "update" breaks a simple feature like this, but keeps everything else working perfectly? Are they trying to make us use their streaming channels?

diplexer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have had this problem for weeks on and off. Fix never lasted more than 2 days. I'm now on 5 days with no problems after I turned off "Fast Start" and "USB stick replay" on my Hisense TV.  Keeping fingers crossed.

Anglynn49
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't get my tv to find antenna tv channels I know are available

Jump to solution

If it’s a Roku issue how come it’s not happening to all

roku sets? My tcl is not doing this just my hisense Roku. 

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Anglynn49 wrote:

Roku has acknowledged it's their issue. It's happening on multiple manufacturers including TCL just be happy you have one that's working.

0 Kudos
CanoeBeyond
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Anglynn49 wrote:

It seems to be happening on many of the newer models.  If you read through the thread you would see that it is also happening on many TCL TVs along with Hisense and others.  I have an older TCL that is not affected.  Some of the newer TCL models have the same problem however.

CanoeBeyond
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@diplexer wrote:

I have had this problem for weeks on and off. Fix never lasted more than 2 days. I'm now on 5 days with no problems after I turned off "Fast Start" and "USB stick replay" on my Hisense TV.  Keeping fingers crossed.

I have both of those turned off but the most I've ever had was 2 days (once) before the channels would disappear.  A little while ago they were gone.  Checked it just now and they were back.  They'll be gone again soon for sure.  I haven't seen a software update come through for a couple weeks.  Just checked again, nothing.  Where is our option to roll back the software (that we were promised)?  I'm getting to the place of just returning this TV to Target and buying a different brand.

0 Kudos
CanoeBeyond
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL TV 43S421 losing OTA Channels

Jump to solution

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/quot-No-Program-Info-quot-on-antenna-channels-with-Roku-TV...

Bill, check the thread above with 85 replies and counting.  Same problem for all of us with many TV brands and OS 9.4.  So far, crickets...

0 Kudos
graybilldustin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The best part is the complete lack of communication from Roku on the problem. Have they identified it? Do they know how to fix it? What's the ETA? Complete radio silence on this thread even though it's 9 pages long. That's what I call great customer service. My recommendation is for every person on this thread to voice their complaint at least once a day, make this thread as active as possible, then maybe they will pay attention.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.