Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW11
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't get my tv to find antenna tv channels I know are available

Jump to solution

I spoke to soon it's the next day no channels found. ROKU you need to revert back to previous update. update 9.4.0 -4190 is your problem I need my OTA channels.. 

0 Kudos
graybilldustin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Anyone reading this thread who thinks they have a 'magic fix' you are wrong. This is a software bug, recognized by Roku. Nothing you do will permanently fix the issue, and nothing you do will guaranteed fix the issue each time you try it. All of the fixes mentioned here work sometimes, but not all of the time, and if they do work, the problem presents its self again within a day. Roku, fix this freaking problem or roll back the update. I personally have 7 Roku TV's or Roku streaming players in my home, and I have recommended them so many times I have affected the sale of probably 20 other Roku devices. My poor grandmother has 2 Roku TV's and is not capable of understanding why this problem is happening, or that we can't fix it, or that replacing the TV wont fix it, or that it will just randomly be fixed whenever Roku decides to get off their butts and fix it. This is ridiculous.

HiSenseTV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ROLL IT BACK! ROLL IT BACK! ROLL IT BACK!

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@graybilldustin wrote:

Anyone reading this thread who thinks they have a 'magic fix' you are wrong. This is a software bug, recognized by Roku. Nothing you do will permanently fix the issue, and nothing you do will guaranteed fix the issue each time you try it. All of the fixes mentioned here work sometimes, but not all of the time, and if they do work, the problem presents its self again within a day. Roku, fix this freaking problem or roll back the update. I personally have 7 Roku TV's or Roku streaming players in my home, and I have recommended them so many times I have affected the sale of probably 20 other Roku devices. My poor grandmother has 2 Roku TV's and is not capable of understanding why this problem is happening, or that we can't fix it, or that replacing the TV wont fix it, or that it will just randomly be fixed whenever Roku decides to get off their butts and fix it. This is ridiculous.

I have temporarily added an old HD converter box to the tv so that I could watch my locals, so if anybody has one of those old HD converter it's a temporary solution 

0 Kudos
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Totally agree. Every time I email Roku support I get a reply that it's a TV hardware problem and to contact the TV manufacturer. Such BS.  Their own support team will not acknowledge the problem. Roku does not even care to contact owners to let them know that the problem is in their software.  TV manufacturers should be up in arms since this is the type of problem that could kill their sales and reputations.

0 Kudos
marchie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I seem to have the same problem.  Sometimes it won't find any channels, and then when it does it's only 5-10 channels, and none of them work, even though I have all 5 bars of signal strength.  It just says "no program info".  Factory reset didn't help.

0 Kudos
marchie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku support says it's a Roku issue and they're working on it...

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 10.30.09 AM.png

0 Kudos
pam11
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55S20 won't find OTA channels with Roku 9.4.0

Jump to solution

Just bought this TV with Roku.  Very bad experience with using Roku the very first time.  Thinking to return the TV, unless Roku can fix this.  I will never another Roku product, if they can't fix this.  Did the TV unplug, held power button on remote - didn't fix the problem.  Did a reset on the TV - it started to work now, will see how long will it last.

I can't believe Roku/TCL will put out such a bad software.

Roku will loose lot of goodwill & customers, unless they can fix this problem quickly.

satman

Re: Program Information Missing from Smart Guide

Jump to solution

Same problem for me -no data on the guide. Did the factory reset and that didn't fix TCL 55 R613 problem. Also Alexa support stopped working too.  Both things worked fine for about a year. Think it has something  to do with latest update 9.4.0 build 4190-30. Contacted Roku support They gave some suggestions that didn't work like the system reset. They said they will get back to me when they have a solution. Problem doing factory reset is that it automatically updates to latest version, which if that's the problem then it doesn't do any good.

0 Kudos
pam11
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55S20 won't find OTA channels with Roku 9.4.0

Jump to solution

The reset only worked one day.  I had to reset again today to get the OTA antenna channels.  This is crazy

0 Kudos