Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victoria718
Reel Rookie

no home screen just netflix.

I cannot find this problem in the discussions at all.  When I turn on the RCA Roku TV, the home screen comes up partially then it goes to Netflix and tries to sell me Netflix.  Repeatedly try to get home screen.  Appears partially then reopens Netflix.  Only happen on RCA not on sticks on Fires.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: no home screen just netflix.

Hi @Victoria718,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku TV since the Netflix channel keeps coming up on your home screen. We will be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please check if there is a stuck button on your Roku remote? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Victoria718
Reel Rookie

Thanks for responding.  I thought that maybe the button was stuck and pulled it a bit and it seems to be the same height as the others.  When I check it today, now it is stuck on the home screen and won't do anything.  But at least it isn't netflix.  This started when it seemed the batteries were dead in the remote.  When I changed the batteries it did not work at all even though they were definitely fresh.  I did factory reset and did on the stuff on line.  That is when the Netflix stuff started to appear.  Sometimes that on button works on the remote, sometimes it doesn't.  Other times the TV has come on it appears all by itself.  The buttons on the TV turn it off and on and do sound but not much else.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Victoria718,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be delighted to help you with your Roku remote problem. Please try to see if there is a pairing button on the back of your Roku remote by taking off the remote's cover. Simply press and hold for 5 seconds until the green light begins to blink. If not, please press and hold the back and home buttons for 5 seconds to cause the green light to flicker.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Victoria718
Reel Rookie

I see no green light anywhere when I do this.  I have tried it several times.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Victoria718,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the Support team. They will follow up and assist you further regarding your concern. We advise to keep an eye on your email since they will be reaching out from thereon.

In the meantime, we value your understanding and patience.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.