Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJG1

my Roku TV freezing and rebooting

Hi. I have a new Element Roku TV. I added a digital antenna and every time the signal is low, Roku reboots. It locks up if I try to change the channel but ultimately will reboot again. Why is this happening? I’ve had other Roku TVs that would reboot if the internet signal was low. How do it fix this? Why can’t I just change the channel?  This is a brand new Roku TV

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12

Re: my Roku TV freezing and rebooting

My Roku Element TV keeps freezing while it's hooked to the internet how do you stop it9

0 Kudos
victor_pv
Channel Surfer

I am having the same problem with a Roku Element TV when using the Antenna.

It seems as if I wait several minutes before selecting the antenna input it doesn't always crash, but I turn on the TV and go straight to Antenna, it freezes and reboots almost every single time.

0 Kudos
victor_pv
Channel Surfer

Still the same, haven't found a solution

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @victor_pv

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
victor_pv
Channel Surfer

The tv will freeze, then rebrote, every time I turn it on and go to the antena input, unless I wait a few minutes after turning it on and before selecting the antenna input. It also freezes and reboots some times even after waiting a couple of minutes when changing channels or trying to open the channel guide. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@victor_pv

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DenisR
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue.  When scanning for channels I pick up about 13 and as soon as I go through them it will freeze on one of them and will rebout Roku like you described.  The problem is that every time you reboot it tries to reopen the channel that froze it and reboots again.  Very frustrating.  I got lucky one time as it opened on a functioning channel and by selecting left on the selector you can select favorite channels, by using this I was able to create a list omitting the channels that freezes Roku.  It seems ghat ic the channel is too weak it simply freezes and reboot.  There does not seem to have a solution for this.

0 Kudos
victor_pv
Channel Surfer

I got in a loop like that, and unplugging the antena got me out of it. Disconnect the antenna, go in the tunner and will show no signal but won't crash, then you can plug the antenna. 

0 Kudos
4irisheyes

When watching my TV, it freezes up after about a minute. Then when it starts back up it goes back to the home page. very frustrating

0 Kudos