Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRick04
Reel Rookie

how to stop my tv from turning off by itself

Jump to solution

i have a tcl roku tv and a side menu will pop on the left side and navigate itself to either change to a hdmi or it will turn itself off i tried factory resetting it multiple times kept it turned off/unplugged for hours and even checked for updates nothing works and ill even have the remote not touching it without batteries in it when it does it and it’ll still do it so it’s not the remote either, any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: how to stop my tv from turning off by itself

Jump to solution

Hi @MRick04,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken in trying to resolve the issue.

Please be advised that one factor as to why your TCL Roku TV keeps rebooting by itself is if there's an issue with the power adapter, cord, or even power outlet.

Kindly make sure everything is intact at the back of the TV. In addition, was this present during or after updating your Roku TV?

Feel free to keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MRick04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

here’s a pic of the menu 

IMG_7627.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MRick04,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you with your Roku TCL TV. Please allow us to assist you and kindly provide us with the specific details so we can determine the issue:

• Does it automatically power off during playback? If so, can you provide us with the specific channel?
  • Is this an isolated case within a specific channel?
  • Are you getting any error codes or messages while you are trying to play a content?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve the issue?

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MRick04
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it just turns off randomly no matter what i’m watching could be on netflix, youtube, hbo, prime, it don’t matter and i tried factory resetting it multiple times, kept it unplugged and let it sit to see if it was overheating nothing worked, it gets its own mind and opens up the menu i showed in the picture and turns itself off 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MRick04,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken in trying to resolve the issue.

Please be advised that one factor as to why your TCL Roku TV keeps rebooting by itself is if there's an issue with the power adapter, cord, or even power outlet.

Kindly make sure everything is intact at the back of the TV. In addition, was this present during or after updating your Roku TV?

Feel free to keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deirdre1

Jump to solution

I am having this exact issue!! All of my TCL tvs that are connected via internet will go from whatever I am watching to powering off and sometimes back on or going straight to Live TV which I never use. I have switched outlets, factory rest numerous times, changed remote batteries, left remote batteries out everything possible. I even checked my home for smart outlets and changed all my passwords. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Deirdre1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the trouble you've encountered with your TCL Roku TV and the steps you took to fix the issue. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would like to know how to identify and resolve this issue, but we need more details.

• When did this issue initially occur? Is it after or before an update?
  • What's your device's OS version?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your Roku TV to your hotspot?

In addition, have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire? We recommend contacting them to report this issue and request additional support to see what options or suggestions they can provide.

Each Roku TV manufacturer offers direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For the Roku manufacturer's contact information list, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.