Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonio993

having issues playing netflix

is anyone else having issues playing netflix on their roku tv? the app will open and maybe play the first 2 mins of a show until it either pauses and won’t continue or just exits the app. i tried deleting and reinstalling netflix but that didn’t fix anything. i know it’s just a roku thing because the same netflix account is working fine with my apple tv and my moms roku tv is having the same issue. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
stefanie_walden
Reel Rookie

Re: having issues playing netflix

Mine is doing the same thing idk what to do

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @antonio993 @stefanie_walden,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problems on Netflix. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more details.

• Are you getting error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • How far is your Roku TV from your network router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
stefanie_walden
Reel Rookie

No, nothing like that as soon as I get on Netflix it will play for a min or less then shut off back to home screen.. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stefanie_walden,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We understand that you're having problems streaming with Netflix. We're happy to help. Have you tried removing the channel and then re-adding it? Please follow the steps below to remove, restart the system, and re-add the channel:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ace7876

My Roku TV is doing the same thing with Netflix and also with Prime.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ace7876,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your issue with Prime and Netflix channels, but did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided by @RokuEuniceL? If yes, could you elaborate more about the issue that you're running into? Are you getting an error message or code? Could you send us a photo or video of your issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joshkendle
Channel Surfer

I bought a brand new Roku Express 4k + yesterday to see if I could get around this same issue, and it's still happening. I've tried all of the steps multiple times. I've restarted my router. No ISP issues. I've contacted Netflix as well but that's like screaming into the wind. What other things can be done? There at least has to be some error logging on Roku's side to track down what is causing this issue, and to address it with something beyond "turn it off and back on". Why can I not simply watch netflix on Roku?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joshkendle,

We regret to hear about this issue going on, and we appreciate you letting the Community know about it.

Let's go ahead and see what's going on here. It seems like a restart won't help, and a lot of troubleshooting steps have been applied to this. So we'll take it from there.

Please provide us with the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once information is available, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joshkendle
Channel Surfer

Model 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number- X02200G4XP8

Device ID- S0HAK364XP8R

Software Version- 12.0.0 build 4184-E4

Issue Id 8R-365-719

couldn’t see where to upload a video… but it’s just a video of Netflix freezing after selecting a video and pressing play. 

0 Kudos