Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiateng1

Will I regret going from Roku TV to Fire TV?

Jump to solution

Hi, I have posted in the Fire TV group but I also wanted to get perceptive from Roku users. I recently broke my Roku TV. I notice that Fire TVs are cheaper. Have any of you switched from Roku to Fire TV and regretted it? I am a Prime member and mostly use it for the shipping benefits so I usually use other apps anyway. Not impressed with what's available on Prime Video.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will I regret going from Roku TV to Fire TV?

Jump to solution

My Roku tv broke after 5 years, so switched to Amazon Omni Fire TV qled 50", love the picture so much better the old Roku tv I had. What I don't like about the Fire tv is doesn't respond to discrete commands for inputs. But using Amazon Fire tv remote pro, sold separately it has 1 & 2 programable keys that let you set them to hdmi inputs. I have my Roku Soundbar connected to Fire tv, so can switch to it for my Roku UI fix. 🙂 I'm sure the newer Roku qled tv's would have a great picture like my qled Fire Tv. But they weren't released yet when I needed to replace my tv. 😞

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will I regret going from Roku TV to Fire TV?

Jump to solution

My Roku tv broke after 5 years, so switched to Amazon Omni Fire TV qled 50", love the picture so much better the old Roku tv I had. What I don't like about the Fire tv is doesn't respond to discrete commands for inputs. But using Amazon Fire tv remote pro, sold separately it has 1 & 2 programable keys that let you set them to hdmi inputs. I have my Roku Soundbar connected to Fire tv, so can switch to it for my Roku UI fix. 🙂 I'm sure the newer Roku qled tv's would have a great picture like my qled Fire Tv. But they weren't released yet when I needed to replace my tv. 😞

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.