Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

@Roxane64

Thanks for the post.

If your TV is not turning on, it may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rbi111

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I found out quite accidentally that if I press the HOME button, my t.v. will turn on with the remote. Hope this helps others.

0 Kudos
JLO1970
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

led strips are bad   inside the panel   thats your problem

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Your boiler plant response tells me you didn't take the time to read his post as you've obviously missed the point 

0 Kudos
Maliago

Jump to solution

I'm currently having the same problem I love my sharp roku but after almost 2 years the screen went blank no sound out of nowhere

0 Kudos
JLO1970
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

you have  1 or more defective led lite strips  inside the panel  all 8 strips should be replaced

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Maliago

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We would recommend starting with unplugging the TV then plug it back in.

If that does not resolve the issue, please reaching out to Sharp Customer Support to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or call them at 1-888-935-8880.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am posting this solution for anyone else in the future who may experience this problem.

My TV was the Sharp Roku LC-58Q7330U.

My problem was that it would no longer turn on. No sound, no backlight, no color in the screen when you put a flashlight against it. The red led indicator light still worked, and it would go from bright red to dim red, blink twice, then go back to bright red and repeat this cycle every 10 seconds.

Solution: Turns out it was a single backlight LED that went out. I verified this by checking that the power supply board was outputting 200v to the backlight, but the lights were not turning on. I also verified that the 12v output to the main board was functioning. I got a backlight LED tester from Amazon, found the faulty LED, and replaced the strip. TV is working now.

A single LED going bad, out of 50, and it bricks the TV with no useful error code...ridiculous!

Tags (2)
Nascar2555
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Where do you buy these led strips?

0 Kudos
CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I found them cheapest on Ebay. Once I identified the part number off the strip, I searched it. Mine was this listing. I only replaced the one strip (out of 5) that had the defective LED on it (no need to replace all the strips, they're a pain to remove and not worth it for this junk TV). This video and this video have the basics of doing the repair (watch a few different vids to get the idea). I did not remove  the entire paper backing, I only cut out the paper overlying the problem LED strip, and taped it back in, because removing all the paper is a pain. This is the backlight tester I bought, don't shock yourself with it. 

0 Kudos