Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVCana
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I have same issue after 1 year and 2 months.

I don't like this TV. First my rremote didn't work after a few weeks I purchased.

They send me new remote it didn't work a few months. and then this,

I cannot turn on TV and cannot watch this.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @TVCana

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I Did, I am in Canada,

When I call this number wait for 20 miniutes and gave me Canadian #.

When I called the Canadian Phone #, they gave me another #, and when I called the new # they disconnected.

I tired 3 times and waiting for lines 30 miniutes....

Finally, I could reach sone rep. and pressed Reset button. The screen didn't turned on at all.

They said this tv need to be a garbage!!!! I used only 1 year and Half....

I have never had TV only able to watch 1 year and half. I wasted my money and time with this customer service.

I am not going to by Roku and Sharp TV.

So tired.

0 Kudos
CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This doesn't have much to do with Roku, more to do with Sharp and Hisense.

What exact problem are you having? Did you read my post a few threads back?

You need to do a bit more troubleshooting. First things to check when the TV doesn't turn in, is there a backlight, is there sound (can the remote make the TV make sound), is the LED panel working (use a flashlight to shine in the screen). What does the light near the power button do exactly when you try to turn the TV on. Watch some YouTube vids. Read my earlier post and see if this is your issue. 

0 Kudos
TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I called Sharp.

Issue is I cannot turn on TV.No Backlight, No Sound, LED panel not working.

I tried to turn on using the Remote and App (I phone). The red light flushed and nothing happnened.

My I phone shows "TV is sleep mode". 

I tired to set up manually, it showed "No found device".

I plug off and wait a couple miniutes. It didn't work. 

I plug in another wall, it didn't work.

I press the Reset button, nothing happened.

Where can I find your Post?

0 Kudos
CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You can find my post here. 

You may be having the same issue I did. What is the model of your TV? Also, pay close attention to the "pattern" of the LED indicator that flashed; watch it for at least 30 seconds and see what it does as the TV tries to turn itself on (make sure you start from an unplugged TV). 

As I mentioned in my linked post, you issue may be a dead backlight LED. You'll have to be willing/capable to open the TV to verify this/change it.

0 Kudos
TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi

Mine is LC43LBU711C sharp

But If I open that back, I need to buy a tool? I don't know how to do this,

The Tokyo Olympics is going to over...

THanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Any fix is going to require special tools and special skills to do it. I would not recommend you try this if you haven't done stuff like that before. If your TV is under warranty, I would try that. If not, then the price of it is likely not worth having a TV repairman to fix it. 

Probably need a new TV. Avoid low-end bargain brands. Watch Olympics on your computer or phone. Try going without a TV for a while, pick up a hobby. When mine broke, it was kind of nice to have to do other things, not be a zombie glued to the TV.

I would sell the TV online for free or low-price, so that it does not end up in a landfill over 1 dead LED. Maybe someone who can fix will take it.

TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Yeah, that's why I don't spend much money for TV....

I need a TV. I love TV....I am going to buy a new one today.

I will ask someone can fix this Roku TV sometime or just go trash!!!

I want to buy a TV before  next lockdown!! I fees so isolated.

TV is my friend and need to check news all the time.

Anyway, thanks so much! I hope this pandemic will over soon!

0 Kudos
J-dawj123

Jump to solution

Mine is less than 2 years old did the same thing watching a movie and then just black screen red light sais it’s on but nothing 

0 Kudos