Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

We receive the Overheating message while using the Paramount+ app on our 55" TCL Roku TV.  We've tried removing the app, restarting the TV and reinstalling the app and we still get the overheating message.  Is there anything else that I can try?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

Hi @blueayres65,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about the overheating message. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? If the overheating message pops up regardless of the channel you are accessing, we recommend contacting TCL support directly to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ou812893

Re: Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

When I started binging on 4k content I was having it message after a few hours.  As suddenly as it started, it went away.  Prior to adding Hulu/Disney and Paramount+, the increase of 4k content must have pushed it past a threshold.  I'm guessing they pushed a patch to keep things throttled.  Murphy's law now that I've said it cleared up it'll mysteriously reappear

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.