Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my TCL Roku TV overheating?

Jump to solution

I have seen topics for Roku devices and sticks overheating, but none for a TV itself. We have had this issue twice when watching a video that it says it's overheating. I can't figure out why it is and it doesn't even feel hot when we receive the warning. Any ideas what might be going on?

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Roku TV overheating message

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the software. TCL does the hardware for the TV's. Other than making sure no vents are being blocked and nothing generating heat is under or behind the TV, you will need to take it up with TCL. It may also depend if the TV is at an angle, (top tilted forward or back) as than can screw up the airflow.

View solution in original post

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sqwashd

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @DangerWaffles

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? If the overheating message pops up regardless of the channel you are accessing, we would recommend reaching out directly to TCL support to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here, or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bemery

Jump to solution

My TCL TV just started displaying that same phrase tonight. We’ve had the TV for close to 5 months (bought it Dec 30, 2020) and this is the first time we’ve seen this. We have another TCL TV in our bedroom and have never seen it on that TV and it gets morning sun on it. The other is hanging in our living room and gets no outside light on it. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku only supplies the software. TCL does the hardware for the TV's. Other than making sure no vents are being blocked and nothing generating heat is under or behind the TV, you will need to take it up with TCL. It may also depend if the TV is at an angle, (top tilted forward or back) as than can screw up the airflow.

Rahastings

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. It only seems to happen with HBO Max. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rahastings

Thanks for the post. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku TV brand and model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Photo or image of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will make sure to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Did you get the message watching Space Jam?

Cherij58

Jump to solution

I received the overheating message while watching Space Jam on HBO Max.

0 Kudos
sqwashd

Jump to solution

I am getting the overheating message for the first time. Currently watching appleTV. I have had the TV for about 4 months and have never had this message before. Any suggestions for a fix?

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sqwashd

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos