Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emmasweitzer
Reel Rookie

White vertical lines on Screen with sound

Jump to solution

My new tv turned on with vertical lines and they lines move depending on what I click on the remote. The TV was unplugged overnight and it still happens. When the remote is used the tv still makes sound #onntv #rokutv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: White vertical lines on Screen with sound

Jump to solution

@Emmasweitzer 

Thanks for the post.

As @Visitor45763 mentioned, if this is a new TV, we would recommend contacting whom you made the purchase with, or the Roku TV manufacturer.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Emmasweitzer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

4BEBDE29-6E0C-4D59-A054-9D094B45B02E.jpeg

E3BBA666-5FC5-450D-828D-EAE2C98CFB7A.jpeg

0F08D505-4040-4C7D-80EA-4EA5E437AF3F.jpeg

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If it's new, I would pursue a warranty claim with the tv manufacturer (TCL, Onn?). Or, return it.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Emmasweitzer 

Thanks for the post.

As @Visitor45763 mentioned, if this is a new TV, we would recommend contacting whom you made the purchase with, or the Roku TV manufacturer.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lisawright

Jump to solution

I was watching Starz with Roku fine when I rewound a bit and now sound is fine but screen is white — on all shows/channels. Vertical pattern like this person says.  Sudden, after years with no problems.

0 Kudos
lisawright

Jump to solution

Nevermind. I restarted in settings and it’s OK.

0 Kudos