Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMartin65
Channel Surfer

Where's a page that describes the Roku Ultra streaming player white LED?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where's a page that describes the Roku Ultra streaming player white LED?

If such a thing exists I've never seen it.  Over the years Roku has been conspicuously silent on any meaning for anything the white light does (or doesn't do).  Generally if it's on solid, it's working.  If it's off, it's either not plugged in or the screensaver has activated or it's in power saving mode (unreliable at best).  If it's flashing, it's some kind of error most likely no Wi-Fi connection, but Roku has never commented if there's different patterns for different errors.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DMartin65
Channel Surfer

It looks like there are no manuals for none of their products. If you go to their support page and search "manual", there are no manuals for none of their products. ROKU HAS NO MANUALS! They just have quick start guides and videos that are incomplete. That shortsightedness has to have cost them more money in bad publicity (Google "Roku support") & support than the cost of manuals.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @DMartin65

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our support resources are constantly being updated and improved, and we will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we work on providing more comprehensive support options in the future. 

Most Roku streaming players have a light on the front of the unit. Under normal operation, this light is either off or white and may flash when you press buttons on your remote control.

We may have not a separate link about this, but this information is mentioned on this support page: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning

Hope this helps. Let us if you have other questions or concerns. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
DMartin65
Channel Surfer

Thanks, Nimfa.

I have a 4802X. It has a white light, and when I turn on the TV, the LED turns on, flashes four times, and then turns off. Typically, in a product manual, there is a troubleshooting section at the end of the manual. If the product has LEDs, there will be a chart with three columns. The first column on the far left is for the Conditions (LED states), the center column is for Possible Causes, and the far right column is for Corrective Actions/Comments. This information is helpful for all of us and would save us a lot of time (and money) if this information was available for all your products. The fact that I have to tell this to a company that has been around for 20+ years with sales of $3bn+ a year is beyond me.

I’m sorry, Nimfa. My frustration is directed toward your company’s leadership and not you. Thanks for reaching out to try to help me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DMartin65 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos