Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshuastarr
Channel Surfer

What to do when there’s an error 008

I need help, same issue, usb and wireless updates both fail after a factory reset

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: What to do when there’s an error 008

Hi @Joshuastarr,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you being prompted with an error message? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Needhelpasap
Reel Rookie

Re: What dose “Error 008” really mean?

Hi, how did you fix this the same exact thing keeps happening to me and I don’t know what to do.. thanks

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Needhelpasap,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Let us assist you. Could you provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? When did you get this error message? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
Keep us posted with the details so we can best assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Needhelpasap
Reel Rookie

Hi. I have tried updating my tv and it would only get to 2% and then say that it couldn’t update and show error 008. I have called the Onn. Support team and they tried to help by telling me to factory reset the tv. That didn’t help and now I can’t even do anything on the tv because it needs an update. The Onn. Support team told me to try and get in contact with Roku through a phone number which I have tried but no one answers and I have left messages and no one call me back. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Needhelpasap,

Thanks for following up.

We want to look closely to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Have you tried restarting the Roku device and your router to see if you are experiencing the same issue? I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Re: Update Error 008 solution

Thanks! I spent an hour on the phone with TCL customer service and they did all their trouble shooting **bleep** and ended up breaking my TV so it wouldnt work. Only problem I had before I called them was it would not update to the latest TV software. Everything else worked fine. I could watch any channel and do whatever with my TV. After I called them I couldnt use the TV because it wouldnt update and activate after they had me do a factory reset from the Roku TV menu. So I came here and saw this and pressed the little reset button in on the back of the TV for 20 seconds and it restarted and went into recovery mode and updated itself and is working fine now.

0 Kudos