Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Volume distortion on Roku OS 12 devices after firmware update

RokuAustin fyi,

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi all, 

We believe this issue has now been resolved.   ** Issue is not resolved for me **

Thanks for your ongoing patience. There is a chance that this issue is not resolved for everyone, but, we're going to go ahead and close this thread now to keep the responses accurate. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, check for a system update, and try again. Still seeing an issue? Go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

We're going to go ahead and mark this post as solved. Thanks for reporting this!

Roku Community Team

**********************************************************************************************************

I'm starting a new thread per request from Roku staff,

I can confirm that we are no longer seeing audio/video synchronization issues after commercial breaks, etc.  We are back to seeing sporadic audio distortion issues while only viewing content in Comcast Xfinity Stream app.  Audio randomly fluctuates from muted to very low or screeching high.  This is the original issue from October 2022 that was reported to Roku and Comcast in February 2023 by me and others.  I did perform a system update and restart of all of my Roku hardware on Thursday, 8/10.  So far only seeing this issue on my Roku streambar which is my main device for viewing content.  Saturday, 4 PM CT after watching NFL Network HD in Stream app volume muted.  Clicked out and back in and audio went back to normal.

This morning we had two glitches in about two hours of viewing content on FoodTV in Xfinity stream app.  I generated a tracker ID for both instances:

Tracker ID: 09-323-493

Model 9102R - Roku Streambar

S/N: YL002Y831409 (2A1192831409)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-95

GC version: 9.5.513

Timestamp: 2023-08-13T15:33:29Z

Tracker ID: 09-323-444

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Hi all, 

We believe this issue has now been resolved.   ** Issue is not resolved for me **

Thanks for your ongoing patience. There is a chance that this issue is not resolved for everyone, but, we're going to go ahead and close this thread now to keep the responses accurate. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, check for a system update, and try again. Still seeing an issue? Go ahead and start a new thread, and shoot me a PM.

We're going to go ahead and mark this post as solved. Thanks for reporting this!

Roku Community Team

**********************************************************************************************************

I'm starting a new thread per request from Roku staff,

I can confirm that we are no longer seeing audio/video synchronization issues after commercial breaks, etc.  We are back to seeing sporadic audio distortion issues while only viewing content in Comcast Xfinity Stream app.  Audio randomly fluctuates from muted to very low or screeching high.  This is the original issue from October 2022 that was reported to Roku and Comcast in February 2023 by me and others.  I did perform a system update and restart of all of my Roku hardware on Thursday, 8/10.  So far only seeing this issue on my Roku streambar which is my main device for viewing content.  Saturday, 4 PM CT after watching NFL Network HD in Stream app volume muted.  Clicked out and back in and audio went back to normal.

This morning we had two glitches in about two hours of viewing content on FoodTV in Xfinity stream app.  I generated a tracker ID for both instances:

Tracker ID: 09-323-493

Model 9102R - Roku Streambar

Timestamp: 2023-08-13T14:44:15Z

I guess my first concern is you quickly closed the other community forum post when there was acknowledgement from Roku this would probably not address the issue for everyone.  I posted a new thread here which resets the clock for Roku but all you did was reset things to the problem I first noticed in October 2022.  It is now ten months of dealing with this issue.  When can I expect Roku to address these issues with a permanent fix?  

JimmyO

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Re: Volume distortion on Roku OS 12 devices after firmware update

Second tracker ID was cut off by Roku forum filter, here is the proper info:

Tracker ID: 09-323-444

Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar

Timestamp: 2023-08-13T14:44:15Z

JimmyO

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JimmyO,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community for assistance today!

We appreciate you for providing the information. Rest assured that we have informed the appropriate Roku team regarding this, and there will be further investigation into this.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

Hello,

I have not experienced audio distortion on any of my Roku devices in the past week.  Appears the issue is resolved.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JimmyO

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is now resolved. For future concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know here. Happy Streaming!

Regards

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

The issue occurred several times yesterday while watching NFL Network in the Comcast Xfinity Stream App.  It does appear the problem still exists it just occurs less frequently.  I am wondering when Roku plans additional updates to completely fix the problem.

JimmyO

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings, @JimmyO!

We appreciate you keeping us updated on how things are progressing.

We will make sure that the team who should be looking into this gets the case as soon as possible. Once more, we want to express our gratitude for your reaching out to us and reporting this matter.

Warm regards

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos