RonsTV

Voice comes on When TV is turned on

Jump to solution

Does the Roku Stream bar give out audio when the Samsung TV is turned on? We get a voice of some sort that I can't understand and it comes on 2 times every hour. I have called Samsung 4 times now and they tell me it's some other device doing the voice. HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice comes on When TV is turned on

Jump to solution

Hello! @RonsTV,

Thanks for sharing in the Roku Community!

We understand that you hear voices when you turn on your TV with the Roku Streambar. We are happy to help. Please check your screen reader and make sure it is turned off.

How to change screen reader settings

You can customize your screen reader experience by going to Settings, then Accessibility, and then Screen Reader. The various configurations available to you are as follows:

Screen reader on/off

• Turn the screen reader on or off. This is the same as pressing Star *
    four times.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice comes on When TV is turned on

Jump to solution

Hello! @RonsTV,

Thanks for sharing in the Roku Community!

We understand that you hear voices when you turn on your TV with the Roku Streambar. We are happy to help. Please check your screen reader and make sure it is turned off.

How to change screen reader settings

You can customize your screen reader experience by going to Settings, then Accessibility, and then Screen Reader. The various configurations available to you are as follows:

Screen reader on/off

• Turn the screen reader on or off. This is the same as pressing Star *
    four times.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.