sakhurst

[13.0] Stuttering Audio when streaming

Audio was working fine yesterday. Today Roku updated to version 13. Now the audio does not work. It is literally unusable, even after a factory reset. Everything else (PS4 etc) works just fine, so it really is only the Roku.

Please fix your **bleep**.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @sakhurst!

We appreciate you taking the time to report this issue to us. We are here to assist you!

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions:

• Which specific channel is this issue occurring?
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?
  • Have you tried plugging the Roku device into a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, just to test and isolate the issue?
  • If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be waiting for your response. In the meantime, please try restarting the device. To do so, go to Settings > System > Power or System Restart.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeorgeRichards
Reel Rookie

I have been having this issue since the last software update 😞 Tried everything suggested in post and then some. I believe I have stumbled across a fix. Under Setting - Audio -Digital output format - change to anything other then auto I'm using custom, dolby digital.. No issues for over 8 hours while changing to various streaming apps.

Hope this works for all affected..

0 Kudos
GeorgeRichards
Reel Rookie

I posted this on another topic. Worth a try.

have been having this issue since the last software update 😞 Tried everything suggested in post and then some. I believe I have stumbled across a fix. Under Setting - Audio -Digital output format - change to anything other then auto I'm using custom, dolby digital.. No issues for over 8 hours while changing to various streaming apps.

Hope this works for all affected..

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @GeorgeRichards!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with the audio on your Roku device when streaming, and we appreciate your efforts to resolve the problem.

Before we proceed, we need to determine when this issue occurs. Is it after the update to OS 13? Also, can you please list the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeorgeRichards
Reel Rookie

My issues with audio started after update 13. I tried all suggestions but none helped. I did resolve this issue by  changing Setting - Audio -Digital output format - change to anything other then auto I'm using custom, dolby digital. Have not experienced issue since then (more then 24 hours).

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [13.0] Stuttering Audio when streaming

Thank you for the reply, @GeorgeRichards!

We appreciate your efforts and time in reporting this issue to help us resolve it. Kindly provide us with the following information.

• What specific channel is this issue occurring on?
  • How is your Roku device connected? Do you have a receiver or soundbar?
  • Have you tried using a different cable or connecting it to another TV?
  • Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We will be awaiting your response and will take a closer look at this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: [13.0] Stuttering Audio when streaming

Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.