Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC55
Binge Watcher

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

.... and before doing a factory reset, I would like to know what happens after that first update takes place after performing a factory reset.

SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Guess I didn't realize what all changed with the factory reset so I'll wait for Roku to fix what they have messed up!!

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Resubmitting my info.  It has been a week & issue is still not fixed. I want to access "All Channels" & stay there. NOT spend 15 minutes or more tryng to get back to the program guide and ending up backm at "recent" EVERY TIME.  Ive done all the troubleshooting numerous times.  It doesnt work Here it is.  Device TCL Roku Tv. Model: 43S455.  Serial # XO1200LUTDNN. Device ID# SOJNH27UTDNN.  Software OS: 12.0.0 build 4190-CG.  But the problem is not unique to me.  Its EVERY ROKU USER. 

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Last night mine even got worse.  When watching programs last night, the titles did not change from the programs I had been watching the night before.... even though the programs were different.  For instance the title from the movie the night before was listed for the different movie I was currently watching.

I am a little surprised that a legal person in this group hasn't solicited a class action suit to get refunds and new TV's for everyone.

Jump to solution

This is so annoying. It makes me instantly not want to use Roku

bryank59
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That happens to me every morning.
I come out to the living room turn the TV (TCL/Roku) on and go to the "Live TV" guide and it will be showing times and shows from 24 hours earlier ....???
After I do a power/restart, it goes back to the current time.
I have to do this restart ritual EVERY morning.

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi Can we get an update from Roku on this matter?  Are we still working on it?  I've seen suggestions on this thread about doing a factory reset; but I really don't want to do that - unless explicitly indicated by Roku as the only way to resolve the issue.  I had a fleeting moment of hope today when I went to check for an update and saw a message "releasing Gravity Locks" along with a Spotify update; thinking "Gravity Locks" might be a patch or something related to our issue. No dice - while watching Live TV, when I left-arrow to see the guide, it's still going to "Recents".  Please let us know something.  Thanks.

nightfisher
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

DITTO here.  I put a lot of stations in my favorites folder last night and it helps a little with finding a station, but it is still a PITA because it defaults to recent folder. 

Class action suit?

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community!

We are testing out this new feature, and it hasn't rolled out as an official feature just yet. We appreciate your feedback here for our product team. Your feedback and the usage we see from customers helps us better shape your viewing experience and from time to time we may adjust these features before fully rolling them out, like adding additional customization options. Rest assured your feedback is valued and heard.

We're going to go ahead and mark this post as 'Solved,' not because we believe this to be resolved, but because we want to float this answer to the top of the thread for other folks to see.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So you get to call it "solved" after it remained screwed up for TWO WEEKS? And now we know to wait for the next screwup? Amazing...