Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chasmanian

Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

When opening the tv guide it has started going to the recents list. No way to set it to just go to "all channels"? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Tv guide goes to recents when opening channel guide

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community!

We are testing out this new feature, and it hasn't rolled out as an official feature just yet. We appreciate your feedback here for our product team. Your feedback and the usage we see from customers helps us better shape your viewing experience and from time to time we may adjust these features before fully rolling them out, like adding additional customization options. Rest assured your feedback is valued and heard.

We're going to go ahead and mark this post as 'Solved,' not because we believe this to be resolved, but because we want to float this answer to the top of the thread for other folks to see.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
BigJim8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my TCL. I have to select the all channels or favorites guide, and then scroll to where the current channel I'm watching is. Every time I want to bring up the guide I have to do this. Very annoying.

roosterscn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here! Has Roku ever heard the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Very aggravating...

JCG75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good to see I'm not the only one with this issue. It's baffling how stupid people are when it comes to something this simple. It shouldn't be possible to nearly ruin the channel guide, but these idiots did it with one stunningly stupid move.

JC55
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ditto here. I want my default to be all channels but no way to set it, no way to change the default.

Come on Roku! Fix this!

Curtis_C_Flush
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just beyond belief 

TV is beyond annoying now, Went from bad on channel selections to worse

Vaughn63
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Roku:  FIX THIS!!!!  OMG - this is the most annoying thing ever.  This is NOT an upgrade.  In the All Channels section, I know exactly where the station I'm currently watching is relative to the channel I want to change to.   All I want to do is arrow left and quickly scroll through until I get to that channel - and along the way see what's on the channels in between.  As of the recent "update", I arrow left and I'm in the Recents section - I'm nowhere close to where I need to be.  I have arrow all the way to the left, scroll back to the section above "All Channels" and then back down to where I want to be.  The smart guys at Roku have outsmarted themselves with this one.  I appreciate the continuous improvements Roku has made over the years; this is a complete buzz kill.

JButtons
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

X2

Same experience here ...... This makes the guide almost useless for "quick" channel surfing.

I found that viewing a program for only a short time ... navigate away ...... it won't even show up in "recents". It makes that category even more useless. 

Try watching a streaming channel ............. if you navigate to the guide the title displays at the top of the screen but no guide #. If you continue into the guide ........... good luck trying to locate that streaming channel by title anytime soon if it didn't make it into "recents". 

I spent at least an hour with a Roku support agent trying to  sort out this mess. The only suggestion was a factory reset. Not having found this posting until after I spent another hour resetting my apps on the TV 😞

Roku please fix this !

SteveL1948
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and hopefully if there are enough complaints someone will take note and fix this issue! It is very annoying!! 

JButtons
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update: I did another Roku customer support chat today. I detailed, as best I could, the guide problem and the agent offered to send the issue to engineering. The agent said they would contact me directly via email at some point. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.