Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niknaki80
Reel Rookie

Re: Blank home screen where all my apps used to be on my Hisense TV

Jump to solution

This does not work. I've tried the system restart, unplugging, factory reset and luck. I'm ready to throw this thing out. This was happening over 1 year ago to many others and still no fix?!

0 Kudos
FUDGE-RKU
Reel Rookie

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Me too, although I am just a residential customer.  At least 2/3 of my apps disappeared on ALL of my TV's.  PLUS, my account information in ROKU disappeared!!!!!  That includes my payment method.  WTF, ROKU!  Did I get malwared?  Hacked?  How scared should I be?  And trying to resolve this with a REAL person is almost impossible.  I got blocked by their automated system every time.

Now that I have a ROKU system on all my TV's, I feel like I am held HOSTAGE by their system, especially when it fails.  Any advice... except to kick ROKU to the curb?

Hero27

The home screen of the Roku TV is displaying as blank.

Jump to solution

I tried to turn on my Tv for the pass three days and it is just blank. I’ve tried turning it on and off multiple times. And that doesn’t work. I can hear sounds and the Tv is clearly on since I can see the Roku TV symbol in the top right corner, but it simply won’t do anything else, and I don’t know what to do.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV Westinghouse screen is blank

Jump to solution

Have you unplugged the power for a few minutes?  Simply turning it off and on doesn't really do anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hero27

Jump to solution

I tried that as well, I unplugged it for 15 minutes three times.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @niknaki80.,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We appreciate the steps you have taken to try to fix the issue, and we'd like to continue investigating.

We have checked, and you have multiple Roku devices. Could you confirm whether the issue happens with all your devices or is only persistent with Hisense Roku TV? 

Additionally, we recommend getting in touch with your TV manufacturer, as this issue may be hardware-related. You can refer to this link to directly contact Support for your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
niknaki80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is not on my Hisense TV. It is with my Roku Model #4200x

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @FUDGE-RKU,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the missing channels on your Roku device. We're here to investigate and look closely into this.

May we know when did you start having this issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Also, as per checking, we believe you owned multiple Roku devices. May we know if all devices are affected by the issue?

Please keep us informed.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Hero27

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with your Westinghouse Roku TV, and we understand that the screen is still blank after unplugging your Roku TV. For this issue, we recommend performing troubleshooting steps so that this will be addressed.

If you tried all other reset methods and your TV has not returned to normal operation, use the steps below to perform a complete reset.

1. Locate the pinhole Reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections.
  2. Using a straightened paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.

Note: Performing this step will erase all of the data on your Roku TV, and you will need to reactivate the TV once more, including re-authenticating some apps that require your credentials.

We hope this information helps you to resolve the issue, and let us know how this goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Blank screen but sound on?

Jump to solution

I have a 32’’ Magnavox Roku TV I’m not sure how old it is because it was my grandmother’s but today when I woke up the picture was not working but the sound was. I’ve unplugged everything, did a reboot and even a hard reset but I cannot get the picture to show up.

I don’t know anything about the warranty or even how old the thing is because as I’ve said it was my grandmother’s and she’s no longer here.

Any suggestions on how to fix or should I just get a new TV?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.