Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

I have found that anytime you change channels or a new program starts on the one you are watching,  60 seconds later the channel menu that tells you about the program you are watching pops up and takes up half the screen.  Is that what you are seeing? Seems roku has been ignoring this programming issue for a long time. Call roku support and report,  maybe if enough folks complain they will take us seriously.  Good luck.

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

On my tcl, it pops up exactly 60 seconds following a channel change or when a new program starts on the channel you are watching. Every time.

0 Kudos
Doug581
Channel Surfer

My TCL Roku 7140X model 43S421 started doing this a few months ago. Likely after a software update. Last year the problem was a green screen on all inputs after a software update. Maybe Roku should stop rolling out updates that basically ruin a TV that worked flawlessly before they forced an update that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

I finally found the problem. The NAUTICAL THEME PACK has something in it causing the problem. I tried a few others and they appear to be good. I just went back to the default.

ROKU, you need to give me some freebies for isolating this issue.

Finally i can watch tv without this irritating bug!!!!!

0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

I don't use the nautical theme and I have the problem. 

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

It is also happening with other theme packs....try reverting to Roku default theme pack...make sure you change the theme pack and not just the wallpaper etc. Turn off tvafter changing and back on. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Doug581
Channel Surfer

I use the original theme pack and it does it.

Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

Dang. It's not making sense to me.

Not seeing the problem today and before it was easily reproducible.

I fear its gonna come back.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team. I currently do not have any updates to provide at this time. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mgvet
Channel Surfer

The problem was solved when my TCL TV automatically updated to software ver. 11.0.0

I have not had a single issue since.

0 Kudos