Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

Same issue with Westinghouse RokuTV. Has gotten worse past few weeks. It is very irritating. Please fix this. 

arthurseery
Reel Rookie

So... basically TCL is not going to fix this.  I was a dumb-ass for buying this POS TCL.  Now I just have to live with the channel info randomly popping up on the screen.  Until I buy another TV....Correct?

Requesting "error codes" is just a scam.  Thank You for peddling an inferior product.  Years of the same complaint did not stop you from selling this inferior TV.  Thanks for nuthing.

steve14
Streaming Star

It's not a TCL tv issue...it's caused by a fault in Roku's software.  I have the same issue with a Hisense 3 year old TV.

arthurseery
Reel Rookie

Thanks.... So?  It isn't my $120 TV... It is the whole ROKU universe?  Well, that is sad.

abadacas
Channel Surfer

This channel  description screen that pops up shortly after you tune to an antenna channel seems to occur with different brands of TV from what i've read here. So it's looks like a Roku software issue rather than something specific to a tv brand. Wonder if there's a tv brand where this doesn't happen?  

0 Kudos
Rlbreeze
Streaming Star

It actually didnt work. Still popping up the screen. Insane they haven't done jack to fix. It amazes me how they have ignored and not even acknowledge the problem.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

I have the same problem no matter whether it's an antenna station, or a Roku live station. In fact, it's primarily happening on the Roku channel, which is especially aggravating, as it blocks the captioning when watching foreign shows.... This has been going for far too long, and should've been fixed many months ago...

tclR0KUowner
Channel Surfer

Same issue here. TCL brand. As others have said, seems to be a weak signal reset feature. The Roku software detects a weak signal and pops up the channel/show info bar on the lower third of the screen as if it had just connected to the channel. It times out after a few seconds, just like when you intentionally change the channel. But it's frustrating AF to have it pop up multiple times at random intervals, especially when you're trying to read closed captioning.

I won't continue to follow this thread because it's obvious from previous posts that Roku responses are not actually addressing the problem. I just hope my post helps other frustrated Roku owners understand the problem is not with the owner but with the developer. Maybe Roku will push a fix to us but I'm not holding my breath or watching the thread for updates that aren't coming.

Dk840
Channel Surfer

Channel information pops up every odd minute approximately 10 seconds before going to even minute. i.e 1:31:50 (info displays) 4-5 seconds goes away.

0 Kudos
Bsc1

Same issue with Hisense. It's so annoying. What to do?

0 Kudos