Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthes316

TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

My TCL roku tv randomly pops up the channel info menu while watching tv. We use a digital antenna and pretty much any time we change channels the tv will start randomly popping up the channel info menu (the menu you get by pushing the ok button while watching tv). It causes the program to essentially black out for a few seconds before coming back on. We can sometimes fix the issue by turning the power off and back on or by checking internet connection but these solutions do not always work. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

59 REPLIES 59
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: TV randomly pops up the channel info menu

This has been happening on my Hisense roku tv. The channel info pops up randomly on the lower part of the screen.  If I click OK, it goes back to normal or if I just wait a few seconds it goes back to normal.  Seems to have been happening since mid December roku update.  Anyone else experiencing this on a roku tv?

0 Kudos
CLMN
Reel Rookie

Same problem here.  Happens on weaker TV stations or during storms.  TV channel info pops up every few seconds making the channel pretty much unwatchable.  Help!

steve14
Streaming Star

Hope@roku finds a fix for this ongoing issue.

abadacas
Channel Surfer

Same issue even if signal strength is strong. Hisense Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@abadacas

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mgvet
Channel Surfer

My TCL S535 ROKU TV randomly pops up the channel info menu while watching tv.

Reset or factory reset does not fix the problem.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mgvet

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you checked to make sure there are no lodged buttons on your remote? If you remove the batteries from your remote, does the issue persist? Can you provide an image of when the issue occurs so we an better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mgvet
Channel Surfer

Danny R,

Thank you for your quick response.

Buttons on the remote are functioning properly. None of them are sticking. With the batteries removed from the remote the channel guide popped up randomly as pictured.

IMG_20220207_191823.jpgIMG_20220207_190418.jpg

Czb0057

Following. I am having the same issue