Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PLolo
Channel Surfer

Re: TV Input Shortcuts Missing from Home Page

Thanks for responding @RokuJohnB 

As @AngieF and I have stated clearly, Home tab Is Not Present when the internet is not connected so, users are unable to Select Antenna, which used to be originaly labled Live TV under the Home tab. Now the Live Tv is its own Tab. If you want to watch antenna tv you have to turn on the internet, select Live TV,then turn it off to watch basic antenna tv.

The Home Tab Does Not Exist Without An Internet Connection therefor, you Can Not Select Antenna TV.

IMG_20231023_175920.jpg

IMG_20231023_175953.jpg

After Internet Connection ⬇️

IMG_20231023_180032.jpg

Thanks!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update! @PLolo,

We suggest navigating to Settings>>TV inputs>> Set up input and let us know if you can see options for Anntena and Live TV. Then try adding them and perform a reboot on your TV by unplugging it for at least a minute or two, and then try again to see if there are any differences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

My grid is missing from my Home Screen with all the apps..and cable access

0 Kudos

Went to TV inputs..doesn’t give me an option for setup 

has cable TV and live tv

0 Kudos

Thanks… after rebooting I got it

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@PLolo 

We'd recommend performing a manual update on your device. By navigating to Settings>>System>>System update. If there's an available one, please take it and then try to access your device offline and let us know if there are any differences.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
PLolo
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey Thank you for your replies and help. I did all you suggested and I have the same issue; nothing to select on Home tab unless the internet is connected to t.v. set.

I even did a factory reset, reinstalled all updates, and manually rebooted and unplugged for several minutes.

The images with the last post I made still represent my issue; nothing to select while the internet is not connected to the television. I would like to select Antenna TV without having to connect to the internet.

I have a 65" Roku TV, not sure if that helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@PLolo, if you're not planning on connecting to the Internet and/or using Roku apps, factory reset your TV and don't link it to a Roku account.  I believe there's a choice that says something like "I'll do it later" when it prompts to connect to your network.

I have a Roku TV that I use as a "dumb" TV solely because I've always feared that an update like this last one would happen and hobble the TV.  I use a separate Roku device connected to the TV when I want to use Roku apps.  My next TV will not be a "smart" TV if at all possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
PLolo
Channel Surfer

Hello @renojim , thanks for your reply. I stated that I did do a "factory reset" and no, there is no option to opt out on setting up a roku account as I tried it twice. This is my Mother's tv and she likes to watch regular antenna when she runs out of hotspot.

Are you telling me that we now have a tv we can not use for antenna unless we have an internet connection?

Do I have to call Roku or Hisense to solve this issue? 65" of unsuable tv is an issue.

I appreciate all who help! 

Thanks @renojim those are great ideas, sucks you had to take that route, unfortunately, roku is built into this tv. 

P.S. Automatic updates😕...totally rigged to bring in more money for roku. While I HAD to reregister, they ask you to select trials of services that were not offered when we first registered the roku account.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@PLolo wrote:

Hello @renojim , thanks for your reply. I stated that I did do a "factory reset" and no, there is no option to opt out on setting up a roku account as I tried it twice.

Wow!  I was afraid of that and now I definitely won't be linking my Roku TV to a Roku account.  I'd be very upset, as I'm sure you are, if a TV I bought suddenly requires an Internet connection to be functional when it wasn't stated when I bought it.  I'm hoping this is a glitch or an oversight that will be remedied in a future update, but Roku doesn't do anything quickly and they (or more specifically, the right person) first have to acknowledge the issue.  Make sure you check for updates once in a while.

I don't suppose Hisense has any ideas?  I'm sure they'd just pass the buck to Roku.  It has always bothered me that a "factory reset" on a Roku device doesn't really return it to the state it was in when it left the factory.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.