Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kabob212

TV Input Shortcuts Missing from Home Page

Until today, pressing "Home" button on TCL - Roku TV remote showed all the streaming apps AND individual shortcut buttons to each TV input ( HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, etc).  I have bluray player and game consoles attached and use these shortcuts constantly. 

Now, those individual shortcuts are gone from the screen and all of them combined into one titled "TV Inputs".  You have to click on that icon to bring up all of the different inputs.  I realize this is just one extra click, but it's an added step and unnecessary.  

I've tried to find a work around within the settings but can't find a way to restore the previous configuration.  I realize this is just one extra click, but it's an added step and unnecessary.  Anyone who doesn't want to see these shortcuts move them out of the way, but for those like myself who use the constantly, it's an added inconvenience. 

If anyone knows how to restore the TV Input buttons to the Home Screen, please let me know.  Otherwise, Roku please correct this asap.  Thanks.

#TCL

#inputs

#hdmi

20 REPLIES 20
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV Input Shortcuts Missing from Home Page

Hello! @kabob212,

We appreciate your post to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to know how to hide or show shortcuts. We're happy to help.

Use the instructions below to hide or show tile shortcuts in your channel grid.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select the Home screen.
  4. Select Shortcuts
  5. Scroll to the desired shortcut.
  6. Press OK on your remote to hide (unchecked) or show (checked) the shortcut.
  • Tip: To hide or move shortcuts, you can also press Star* on your Roku remote when a shortcut is highlighted in the channel grid on your home screen.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kabob212

Thanks for replying @Arjiema

My question was how to get each TV Input shortcut (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4, AV) back onto the Home page as their own shortcut as they've always been.  Apparently there was a software update that changed the appearance of the Home page and it also eliminated all of those individual shortcuts.

Your solution did not solve the issue.  None of the TV Input shortcuts are able to be moved onto the Home Page.  All of them are stuck in a sub-category labeled "TV Inputs".  Pressing the * button only allows you to hide or show or move them within that subcategory. 

Please fix this in the next update, Roku.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@kabob212,

We just wanted to let you know that we appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

I have the same issue. Can you confirm that removing the individual av inputs from the Home Screen was intentionally done by Roku and why? 

PLolo
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue and this did not fix anything. 

My Home Screen shows nothing since the new update UNLESS the internet is connected.

It asks me to connect to the internet to watch Antenna TV or Live TV.

The added feature of the Live TV Tab, not home button, has stolen any ability to use antenna tv, plus requires internet connection.

This started after new update which restarted my tv and asked me to register even after I have been a user and registered.

I have factory reset tv, updated and registered the device for a secomd time amd still same issue...Home page does not liad without internet cinnection and no antenna tv without internet connection.

Please fix this update bug!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
PLolo
Channel Surfer

Thanks for posting. I see we have the same issue. Home and antenna wont work without internet connection. Like you said, something is up with the latest update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AngieF
Reel Rookie

So I'm not going crazy.   I've spent past 2 hours trying to set up new TV in rv.  Had been able to select Antenna tile from home screen to watch over the air channels.  Hadn't connected it to internet until tonight.   Now if I log off internet, the home screen is empty - all tiles are missing!   This needs fixing asap!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rocoouser1245,

Thanks for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that Roku OS 12, the latest automatic software update for Roku devices or TV, brings you Roku's most intuitive, personalized, and seamless streaming experience to date. Highlights include improvements across live TV, sports, entertainment discovery, the Roku Mobile App, and more.

You can also check out this support article here.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PLolo @AngieF,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the antenna TV or live TV. We're happy to assist you. We suggest that you may need to check the cable of your antenna and make sure that the coaxial cable is plugged in firmly.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.