Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

First I plugged my head phones in so I didn't have to listen to the sound blasting, then I went to settings and set the sound to leveling, and the sound was on high, so I set it to low and that fixed it.   Thank you for all of your input.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
WiseBeardMan
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL roku tv volume goes up itself

Where is the "leveling" setting?  I couldn't find that anywhere.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @WiseBeardMan

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that not all Roku devices support volume leveling or Volume Modes. If your Roku is compatible, you may find this setting by following the steps below: 

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
    • Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes from the same options menu described above. 

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

I have a Walmart Onn 32 inch Roku tv and I connected a cheap soundbar to the TV but it shut off the voice leveling option so I'm constantly raising or lowering the volume. 

0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

I'm not sure why your tv's not changing automatically but mine changes from tv speakers to sound bar when i plug in the sound bar wire to the tv jack. 

0 Kudos
Krystal99

Honestly,  what I had to do is ruin the volume up button on the tv itself. I took a knife and gouged out the black piece covering the mother board and kinda pried out the other black piece directly on top the mother board. I use the volume on the remote to adjust the volume when I need it. 

0 Kudos
JRJ
Channel Surfer

I have two tv's with Roku streaming.  A Hitachi and a LG.  Periodically, the sound will increase automatically.  My only solution is to advance to another channel and then switch back to the original channel.  This has worked every time.  Today, I had both tv's on the same channel.  The volume increased on one tv but not the other.  Seems to me there may be a software issue in the Roku devices itself.

0 Kudos
Tj116

FIXED: I found that the issue is the buttons on the TV. I made a video of how to fix it here. Low quality but helpful for me.

https://youtu.be/Ult4iJL3EqE

0 Kudos