Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku tv black screen

Jump to solution

Model 65s41 serial#2207GNC000413A04042
manufactured July 2022// 
Tv still has audio BUT tv went pitch black, unplugged power+hdmi cords, only cord plugged back in the the power. Did a hard reset with button on the back, the screen with flash after showing the normal lit screen, and always flash when turning the power off, cannot navigate to settings what so ever. Not to sure how to fix it if anyone has any ideas I’m all ears and would greatly appreciate some feedback. 
thank you! -Kay

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku tv black screen

Jump to solution

Hi @WorthyCowgirl,

Greetings, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TV.

If the issue persists after performing a factory reset on the TV, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly to report this problem and ask for further assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers warranty services and direct support.

You can refer to this link to directly contact support for your Roku TV.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@WorthyCowgirl, sorry, but you will find many, many, many reports of the same thing.  Most likely, your backlight has failed.  If you can shine a bright light on the TV and see a picture, yours is just one more.  If you can manage to turn the brightness down, it might help.  TCL is responsible for that kind of failure, but I can assure you that they won't help if your TV isn't still under warranty.  You can research fixing it yourself, but it's not something the average person can do.

I doubt it will help, but you can try a factory reset or recovery mode (if supported) using the reset button that's somewhere on the back.

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV system | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @WorthyCowgirl,

Greetings, and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TV.

If the issue persists after performing a factory reset on the TV, we recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly to report this problem and ask for further assistance. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers warranty services and direct support.

You can refer to this link to directly contact support for your Roku TV.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Natdell

Jump to solution

It seems there’s a real issue. I was surprised to see all the recent discussions from 2-3 weeks ago up until yesterday. Our sharp Roku tv went to a black screen Saturday 7/27 evening too. This isn’t just a coincidence in my opinion. I can’t even get to settings menu or anything. I’ve tried all the fixes mention here ie: unplug reset. Sad thing is not even able to get a menu up. I think it’s a Roku glitch since so many now have the black screen. Missing the Olympic Games!  Roku please step up and fix your glitch. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Natdell, do you hear the remote control sound effects when you press buttons?  Can you see any picture at all if you shine a bright light on the screen?  If so, your backlight has failed like countless others.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kjentz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If the backlight has failed, then why after a factory reset does it work fine? This makes me think it has something to do with the software or an app I have loaded on it. After I reload everything eventually the screen goes black again. Do a factory reset and it works fine again. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.