Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kuro1337
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV missing Caption Styles

I recently bought a TCL 55RC630K Roku TV 55" and I'm trying to change the horrible default closed caption / subtitle style, which is a tiny dark gray box with gray text in it, to something actually usable. Everywhere I look online I am told to go to Settings, Accessibility, Caption Style, and that I can change everything there. The problem is, this Caption Style menu doesn't exist for me! I'm on version 12.5.0 and in the UK if that matters. Am I stuck with horrible unreadable subtitles? What's going on...

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV missing Caption Styles

Hi @Kuro1337,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you for letting us know about this. We'd like to take a closer look into it.

When you say "don't exist" do you this feature but no further inputs to make changes? Or no option for Caption style on the Accessibility board.

You can also share a picture on the option you're seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kuro1337
Reel Rookie

Hi, thanks for the quick response! When I say this option doesn't exist, there is no such menu point under the accessibility heading of the settings menu. I have attached pictures of the complete accessibility menu. If I press the * button while watching content, effectively the same list is brought up! Which still does not contain a Styles option.

1000012904.jpg

1000012905.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kuro1337,

Thanks for the update and for sharing this information.

Could you share with us the current build version of this by navigating to Settings>>System>>About?

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kuro1337
Reel Rookie

Sure,

Software Version : 12.5.0 - build 4176-DG

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Kuro1337,

Thanks for the update, and we'll take it from here.

Our team will further look into this and we'll make sure to provide any update here once we have it available about this investigation.

In the meantime, we'll need your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kuro1337
Reel Rookie

Thank you for looking into it!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.