Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paradox622

TCL Roku TV Ethernet problem

I've had a TCL Roku TV for almost a year now and it's been working well until today, the ethernet wired connection won't work, it won't even register the ethernet cable, I've tried different cables and both restarted and factory reseted both the TV and the router and it still won't work, currently I'm connected via WiFi but is there any fix or and advice you can give?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Ethernet problem

Hi @paradox622,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand you're having an issue connecting your device to the wired network. We suggest you try the following suggestions below:

• Do you have any ISP mobile apps on which you may have inadvertently "Paused" or "Blocked" the Roku TV connection? Another place to look at the router is under MAC address filtering or access control.
  • If you have a mobile hotspot available, perhaps try factory resetting the Roku TV and connecting to the hotspot to get through the setup and activation.
  • We would also suspect the possibility of a hardware issue. Kindly check the cables and hardware of the TV and the Ethernet wire if there is no sign of wear and tear.
  • Try plugging the Ethernet cable from Roku TV directly into your modem (not your router; bypass the router altogether) and see if you now get a connection. If you haven't already rebooted your modem, try that as well. If you do not have a separate modem, try a different LAN port on your router and restart the router.
  • Another option after exhausting the suggested fixes above is to post back to your Internet Service Provider for further help with the wired network connection.

We hope this helps. Let us know what you find out.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lehmakm
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem and nothing works.  I see online that other tvs have work a rounds for this problem.  HDMI adapters and or USB adapters, but not TCL Roku apparently.  Don't think I will be buying another TCL anytime soon.  Support is no help.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @lehmakm!

We appreciate you sharing this with us here. We'd be happy to provide further information and help you contact the right support.

Please be informed that TCL manufactures its own player hardware, including the Ethernet port. If you are having issues connecting to your network connection via ethernet on your TCL Roku TV, we highly recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer, as they are responsible for their player hardware.

We only support the running software operating system of your TV. 

You may reach them here: TCL Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.