Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristent
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku vibrating picture

It would help if I could attach a video but I just bought a used 55" Roku TV and the previous owner said she never had an issue. I'm having some electrical problems in my house so I'm hoping it's just that..

The picture will play but there is a visual humming in the background and the color is off. 

I've done the following troubleshooting:

1. Power cycles multiple times including manually powering off holding down power button for 15 sec and unplugging for 30

2. 2 factory resets

3. Changing picture settings 

4. Trying different outlets...

No change. Please help!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku vibrating picture

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Kristent!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible. 

Kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• When did this first start happening?
  • Did your TCL Roku TV recently receive any software updates?
  • If you can provide us with a photo of it, that would be great.

In the meantime, we highly suggest plugging your TV directly into a power source. 

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristent
Reel Rookie

It's hard to capture in a still shot but if I can send a video that would help. Also, I am trying to attach photos here and I am unable. Is there a way to send them via email?

1. The problems started the moment I turned it on after buying it used. The previous owner said she never had any problems. On top of the visual vibrating/humming in the background, the picture is just not clear and the coloration is off no matter how I change the picture settings.

2. The software is up to date.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Kristent
Reel Rookie

20240730_144958.jpg20240730_145239.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @Kristent.

In this case, I will coordinate this with the appropriate team for further investigation. Kindly provide us with the following details such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

I'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kristent
Reel Rookie

55US57-W

Hardware ID- 6114X

Serial #: YW0097688331

software version: 13.1.4 build 1510-22

Tracker ID: the vibrating is consistent so I just did this when on home page

31-305-126

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @Kristent.

We appreciate the details you've provided. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Once I've been notified of any updates, I'll let you know.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Kristent.

We received updates from the team and would like to gather additional information:

• Are you able to expand on the electrical problems in your house? 
  • If certain areas/rooms are affected by electrical problems, does moving it to another location where there aren't any electrical problems make any difference?
  • Please also confirm if there are certain HDMI inputs or channels affected by this. 

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.